This Firecracker Jello Cups Recipe is the perfect way to indulge in a fun treat this fourth of July or memorial day! Make it adult or family friendly.
The Summer is full of fun patriotic holidays to get your Red, White, & Blue on. Whether you are celebrating Memorial Day, The Fourth of July, or rooting for the USA in the Summer Olympics these Firecracker Jello Cups are the perfect way to indulge in a fun treat!
I think I love these so much because they are so much fun! Really they are just great little layered jello cups with a cherry on top! These disposable 2 oz plastic cups are perfect for these if you are having a party. Otherwise you can put these in any kind of small bowl or glass.
Don't they just turn out looking fun?!
Firecracker Jello Cups
- 1 1/3 cups water boiling
- 3 oz Jell-O gelatin Cherry
- 3 oz Jello gelatin blue berry
- 1 pkg non flavored gelatin
- 1 cup milk
- 3 Tbsp. sugar
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 20 maraschino cherries with stems (drain well and pat dry)
- Start by boiing water in a small saucepan.
- In small bowl add 2/3 cup boiling water to berry gelatin mix; stir 2 min. until completely dissolved. Repeat in separate bowl with cherry gelatin mix. Allow to cool.
- In another bowl add ¼ cup of milk and sprinkle in 1 envelope of unflavored gelatin; let stand 5 min. Bring remaining milk to simmer in saucepan.
- Remove from heat; stir in sugar and vanilla. Add to plain gelatin mixture; stir until gelatin is completely dissolved. Cool 10 min.
- Spoon berry gelatin into 20 (1-oz.) plastic shot, add about 2 tsp. to each. Refrigerate 15 min. or until set but not firm.
- For the next layer top with unflavored gelatin mixture, adding about 2 tsp. to each cup. Refrigerate 10 min.
- Insert cherry, stem end up, into white gelatin layer in each cup and refrigerate 2 more minutes.
- Finish the top layer with cherry gelatin, add about 2 tsp. to each cup. Refrigerate 2 hours or until firm.
- Use your favorite dairy free milk and double the knox gelatin to 2 packages.