This post may contain affiliate links.
I am just a girl who loves to decorate for Christmas early. This year I was pulling out the Christmas stuff and getting it set up thinking about how I would love some wall art. Ask and you shall receive. So I made my own Printable Reindeer Wall Art, but I needed a frame to put it in.
After searching the depths of my poor garage I found this frame that I had grabbed at a thrift store not that long ago. For a buck or less you can usually get things like this that have seen better days. Don’t let it discourage you. This frame has potential.
Let me introduce you to my new friend, Dixie Belle Paint. I have used chalk paint in the past because it is simple to use. It dries fast, and I get the coverage I want. Dixie Belle Paint is a GAME CHANGER!!!
- It is a High-quality mineral paint-offers exceptional coverage, a rich, flat finish, and dries incredibly fast.
- The color choices are amazing! From Amethyst purple to Pure Ocean blue, and everything in between, there is a shade for everyone.
- You can Use on almost any surface- Wood, metal, glass, laminate, ceramic, concrete and even fabric!
- It is so Easy to use- Requires no sanding, priming, or waxing – just clean the surface and paint.
- It is an Eco-friendly option- No VOCs, water-based, and non-toxic.
- Plus if you didn’t already love it it is Proudly made in the U.S.A.
So I took my old frame and wiped it down to get the dust off. Then gave it 1 coat of Dixie Belle Paint in “Fluff”.
While the frame was drying (which only took about 5 minutes). I painted the matte that was originally in the frame in barn red.
Dixie Belle doesn’t only make paint, they make glazes, stains, clear coats, and waxes too. This Gold Shimmer Glaze seemed like the perfect treatment for my frame. So I put a dry brush in and did a very light coat all over the frame. The effect is kinda hard to photograph, but looks amazing in person. When the light catches the frame you can see the little bits of gold shimmer!
Last but not least, once it was all dry I assembled it. Start to finish this project took me less than 30 minutes. That included drying times. I am telling you…I LOVE this Dixie Belle Paint.
If you want to make your own wall art this holiday season you can download and print your own Reindeer Wall Art now for FREE.