It’s time to start coming up with some fun Halloween Treats for the kids. I don’t know about you but I love treats that look cute, but are super easy to make! These Mummy Cookies do just that!
This treat is all about how you decorate it! You can really use any type of cookie you prefer. I used this simple Drop Sugar Cookie Recipe. You can even use a large store bought cookie. Totally up to you.
These would be so much fun to serve at a halloween party, and let the kids help decorate their own mummys. These would also be fun if your kids are learning about ancient Egypt. They are a great way to really reinforce learning. either way they are very yummy!
- Large Cookies (I used this Drop Sugar Cookie Recipe.)
- M&M’s Candies
- Vanilla Frosting (I used Pillsbury Creamy Supreme Vanilla)
- Black Food Coloring
- Piping Bag
- Basket Weave Decorating Cake Tip (I used Wilton #46)
- In a small bowl combine 5 oz. frosting with 2-3 drops black food coloring.
- Attach basket weave decorating tip to your piping bag and fill with grey icing.
- With a knife, cover half of the top of your cookie with white vanilla icing.
- Affix two M&M candy eyes onto the white frosting.
- Use your piping bag to pipe various lines across the top of the cookie representing the shrouds that the mummy would be wrapped in.
Amanda is a busy mom of 3 that is constantly on the lookout for shortcuts to add more happiness to the day. She loves creating recipes, printables, DIY, and sharing family fun tips with you.