If trying to figure out what is for dinner isn't enough then I have to make something to go with it. I have stacks and stacks of cookbooks with these elaborate recipes in them, but nothing tastes as good as plain ole' Roasted Asparagus. It's so easy too!
When you have fresh vegetables on hand, roasting them helps enhance their natural flavors and can really bring them to life on your plate. I just snipped the woody ends off of the asparagus and tossed it with a little bit of olive oil and a sprinkle of garlic salt.
I popped it on a foil lined baking sheet for about 10 - 15 minutes at 400 degrees F. It comes out tender and perfect every time without being mushy. Nobody wants mushy vegetables!
- 1 lb asparagus washed and snipped
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
- Toss washed asparagus with olive oil and garlic salt.
- Spread in a single layer on a foil lined baking sheet.
- Bake at 400 for 10 - 15 minutes.
- Serve immediately.