Looking for a fun winter craft for kids? Try this adorable Paper Plate Melting Snowman! So much fun if you are reading Melted Snowman Poem.
Finding fun winter crafts for kids can be a challenge. The trick is to find a fun theme and turn it into a week of reading, crafts, and movies. A consitent theme makes it so much fun for kids to learn, play and really get involved. That is why I love this Paper Plate Melting Snowman and Melting Snowman Poem!
You can read the simple poem, Melting Snowman to your child and then gather the supplies for this fun and simple craft so they can make their own Melting Snowman!
Paper Plate Melting Snowman Craft
- Paper plate
- White felt
- Small styrofoam ball
- Black puffy paint
- Orange craft foam
- Small brown buttons
- Brown pipe cleaners
- Elmer’s glue
- Hot glue/hot glue gun (optional)
- Squirt a small amount of glue onto the plate, spread out with your fingertip or a paint brush and top with glitter.
- Shake any excess glitter off.
- Glue a wavy oval out of the white felt about the size of the center of your plate and glue to the center of your glittered plate.
- Glue the styrofoam ball onto the felt.
- Cut a triangle from your orange foam and glue to the center of the styrofoam ball.
- Use the puffy paint to draw eyes and a mouth onto the styrofoam ball.
- Cut a pipe cleaner into two 3” pieces and glue them onto the white felt along with three buttons.
- Let dry.
Melting Snowman Poem Printable
Click the button below to download the peeps for my peeps Printable