Simple Herbed Beer Bread Recipe
What a simple bread recipe that anyone can make quick and easy! Check out this delicious Herbed Beer Bread Recipe and bake it today.
Baking bread scares people. I am not sure why. I love to bake my bread. It is so simple and having a loaf of freshly baked bread come out of your oven is a simple pleasure that everyone should enjoy! This Herbed Beer Bread Recipe makes bread-baking simple by eliminating the yeast because it uses a beer instead. This shortcut cuts the time it takes to bake a fresh loaf of bread dramatically!
Put all of your dry ingredients into a bowl. No special order needed. You can even play with the herbs a little and use flavors you love.
Pour a 12 oz light beer of your choice in and stir. Have I mentioned how easy this bread is yet?
Place your bread dough into a greased loaf pan. As you can see, it doesn’t have to be pretty or perfect. You are then going to drizzle the melted butter over the top of the bread dough. You can use Olive Oil for this also, and it turns out just as yummy.
Bake 45-50 minutes at 375 degrees F. until cooked through and the top of the bread is golden brown.
Allow the bread to cool a few minutes before cutting, enjoy warm with butter. Just look at it! The smells are even better!
Herbed Beer Bread
- 12 oz light beer any brand (I used a bottle of Bud Light)
- 3 Cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 TBSP baking powder
- 1 TBSP rosemary dried
- 1 TBSP thyme dried
- 1 TBSP basil dried
- 1/4 cup butter melted
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and generously butter or grease a 9" loaf pan.
- Combine the dry ingredients (see photo) and then add the 12 oz of beer and combine until mixed through.
- Pour the bread dough into the loaf pan and evenly drizzle the melted butter over the top of the bread dough.
- Bake 45-50 minutes at 375 degrees until the bread is cooked through and the top of the bread is golden brown.
- Allow the bread to cool a few minutes prior to cutting, enjoy warm with butter.
More Bread Recipes
- Homemade Cornbread Mix – With Printable Labels
- The Best Gluten Free Sandwich Bread Recipe
- Homemade French Bread Recipe
This sounds and looks delicious!
Made it and loved it!
I am so glad you loved it! Thank you for coming back and leaving a comment! 🙂
Can you use regular beer? (Not lite)
Yes you can. 🙂
I just made this today and am I crazy but 1 Tablespoon of each of the dried herbs is way too much. So sad because otherwise this was so easy, wish I would’ve realized it before.
How does this taste with no herbs?
I have never made it without the herbs. They add the majority of the flavor to the bread. Without I am sure it would be very plain.
Easy and delicious
I replaced one cup of the (Einkorn) all purpose with 1 C sprouted Einkorn whole wheat flour. I used Guinness as the beer. Worked well, served along side Chicken Chili Mole. Very flavorful with the Einkorn and Guinness.
Can u possibly add some cheese into this recipe ? and if so how much would u recommend ?
Hi Stephanie, I wouldn’t see why not. I would start with probably between 1/2 and 1 cup of shredded cheese. If you try it, let me know how it turned out. 🙂
Can you use fresh herbs instead of dry?
Yes you can. You would just need to double the amount of herbs if using fresh because they will cook down more.