I was having a craving for a Reese’s cup and walked in my kitchen to make my version of one. Then I heard yelling…MOM…There is water all over the downstairs Bathroom. ~sigh~ Can’t a girl catch a break. Turns out the drain for the washer backed up all over the laundry room and the downstairs bath…fun times!
After a clean up, maintenance call, and figuring out how to get my 10 loads of laundry done, I finally made it back to the kitchen to make my now much deserved treat. Chocolaty Peanut Butter Bliss here I come.
Peanut Butter Brownie Bars
- Family Size Brownie Mix
- Ingredients to make according to package
- 1 (8oz) cream cheese (softened)
- 1 16oz package of powdered sugar
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a large bowl mix brownies according to package. Press batter in a 13x9 baking dish and set aside.
- In another bowl beat together cream cheese, peanut butter, eggs, and powdered sugar.
- Spread over the brownie mix
- Top with chocolate chips
- bake for 45-50 minutes or until baked but center is still a llittle gooey.
- Cool completely before cutting.
**Gluten Free**- Use 2 Gluten Free Betty Crocker Brownie mixes to replace 1 family size brownie mix Top with Reese’s pieces or chopped peanut butter cups instead of chocolate chips Line the pan with aluminum foil or parchment paper to get it out of the pan easier.
Did you make this recipe?
Tag @afewshortcuts on Instagram and hashtag it #afewshortcuts.
- **Gluten Free**- Use 2 Gluten Free Betty Crocker Brownie mixes to replace 1 family size brownie mix
- Top with Reese’s pieces or chopped peanut butter cups instead of chocolate chips
- Line the pan with aluminum foil or parchment paper to get it out of the pan easier.