There are few things that can hit the spot like a refreshing sweet bowl of Vanilla Ice Cream. Mix that bowl with some fresh ingredients to make it even more delectable! Spice Roasted Figs with Hazelnuts and Vanilla Ice Cream sounds like something off of a 5 star restaurant menu, but it takes only minutes to make in your own kitchen.
Simple ingredients, complex flavors, and super easy to make!! The key ingredient to this dessert is the Breyers Natural Vanilla Ice Cream! Breyers is celebrating its 150th birthday and has partnered with celebrity chef Curtis Stone and his wife, actress Lindsay Price Stone, to create 12 recipes featuring Breyers Natural Vanilla, inspired by every month of the year, to give families a way to celebrate birthdays and special occasions with Breyers all year long.
This Spice Roasted Figs with Hazelnuts and Vanilla Ice Cream is their recipe for the month of August. I personally love figs, and can just eat them by themselves. I had never roasted figs before, but I am always eager to try new things! I wish I had done this sooner! This recipe really brings out the flavors in all the ingredients and pairs them nicely!
Roasting the figs makes them sweeter, softer, and the warmth of the fig and spices is a great contrast to the Breyers Natural Vanilla Ice Cream. Throw in the crunch with the hazelnuts and this entire dessert is perfection!
Check out that Breyers All Natural Vanilla Ice Cream! Those little specks in the ice cream….pieces of vanilla bean! Did you know that all Breyers vanilla is real and from sustainably farmed, Rainforest Alliance Certified™ vanilla beans?
And Breyers only sources milk and cream from cows not treated with artificial growth hormones.* Breyers is committed to high quality ingredients – a promise that has been on Breyers packages for more than 100 years. Breyers Natural Vanilla is America’s No. 1 vanilla ice cream.
This dessert is best served while the figs are still warm. Place them in the bowl with a scoop or two of Breyers Natural Vanilla Ice Cream and sprinkle the entire dish with the chopped hazelnuts.
Don’t forget to follow Breyers for more great recipes!
Spice Roasted Figs with Hazelnuts and Vanilla Ice CreamPrint Recipe
- 2 tbs. sugar
- 1/2 tsp. each ground cinnamon ground ginger
- 1/8 tsp. ground cloves
- 8 ripe figs halved lengthwise
- 1 1/3 cups Breyers® Natural Vanilla Ice Cream
- 1/4 cup blanched hazelnuts toasted, coarsely chopped
- Position broiler rack 6 inches from heat source and preheat broiler. Line a large baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- In a small bowl, mix sugar and spices. One at a time, dip figs, cut side down, in sugar mixture to coat. Then coat figs a second time with sugar mixture and arrange cut side up on baking sheet. Broil figs, watching closely, for about 4 minutes, or until sugar melts and begins to caramelize and figs soften slightly and begin to ooze their juice.
- Divide figs among 4 bowls. Spoon 1/3 cup of Breyers® Natural Vanilla Ice Cream into each bowl and sprinkle with hazelnuts.
*Suppliers of other ingredients such as cookies, candies & sauces may not be able to make this pledge. The FDA states that no significant difference has been shown between dairy derived from rBST-treated and non-rBST treated cows.*