This Strawberry Oatmeal Bars Recipe is a simple and tasty way to offer something special for breakfast. Comes with Gluten free and dairy free versions too!
Sometimes I get so overwhelmed; I just spin in circles. My “to do” list is a mile long, and nothing seems to be getting “to done.” Gracie, my oldest baby, wisely told me to make a to do list. Which I did…and misplaced. It has been that kind of month for me. I swear it has. When all else fails….food! Strawberry Oatmeal Bars seemed like a winning choice!
I know I used to be an organized person. Really, I swear I did. My brain just doesn’t compute like it used to. I am pretty sure my brain is on overload. I need to upgrade my processor like I had to do on my computer. 😉
I have been getting better about delegating chores. Which has helped a ton! It is a process, but I am getting there. I delegated the cleaning of the kitchen after I made these bars so I could enjoy one….see, I am getting the hang of this. I feel kinda of sorry because I am a messy baker, but hey they enjoy the treats too.
In a bowl mix the oats, flour (or gluten free baking mix), sugar, and melted butter. It will be beautiful and crumbly like this.
Press most of it in a parchment lined the 8×8 baking pan. Save about 1/2 cup of it for later.
Top the pressed oatmeal mix with the diced strawberries. Then sprinkle with the lemon juice and additional tbsp of sugar.
Finally the rest of the crumble and into a 375-degree oven for 35 to 40 minutes. You just want the crumb topping to start toasting and the fruit to be happy and bubbly.
My favorite and probably unnecessary part of this recipe; the glaze! Make a quick glaze to drizzle on these when they cool. Just look at it….mmmm.
Slice into bars and serve. You can slice them as small or as big as you want them. You can eliminate the glaze and serve them for breakfast…or add the glaze and serve them for breakfast. 😉 They also make a super tasty dessert…with a little vanilla ice cream; HEAVENLY!
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour - or gluten free all purpose mix
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 6 tbsp butter - melted
- 2 cup strawberries - diced
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees f. Line an 8x8 pan with parchment paper.
- In a bowl mix together the oats, flour, brown sugar, and melted butter until crumbles form.
- Spread most of the oat mix into the bottom of the 8x8 pressing it down to form a crust. Reserve 1/2 cup of oats for crumble topping later.
- Spread diced strawberries on top of the crust and sprinkle them with the lemon juice and 1 tbsp sugar.
- Finish by topping with the remaining oat crumble.
- Bake at 375 for 35- 40 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly.
- Remove from oven and cool completely before cutting.
- Drizzle with glaze, cut and serve.Glaze
- In a small bowl whisk together powdered sugar, milk, and vanilla until a glaze is formed. Add more milk if necessary to achieved desired consistency.Gluten Free
- Use gluten free oats and gluten free flour mixDairy Free
- Use a dairy free butter substitute. Works beautifully with coconut oil too! Use a dairy free milk for the glaze
If you love these you will certainly love
This amazing Baked Peanut Butter Oatmeal Recipe!