I have enough peanut butter for an army…I was informed by my 10 year old. When you have 3 kids you tend to stock up on peanut butter. With all the back to school sales Peanut butter is pretty affordable right now. I was on a mission for a peanut butter recipe. However, there are not many that don’t call for chocolate. I made a comment about this in my house. The general response was..”because they are good together.” Well, I can’t argue with that. So when I found a great Peanut Butter Popcorn Recipe I thought, why not add chocolate…I mean, they are good together. ~giggle~
This is great for a movie night, slumber party, or to give as gifts during the holidays. You can always make a batch just cause you want something chocolaty! You could even add nuts. Don’t wait another minute. Run to the kitchen and make this now! You won’t regret it!
- 8 cups Popped Popcorn
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1 Cup Karo Syrup (light) or honey
- 1 cup Peanut Butter
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 TBSP Peanut Butter
- Place popcorn in a large bowl or on a large cookie sheet….in my experience the bowl would probably be better.
- In a heavy saucepan combine sugar and karo syrup. Bring mixture to a boil stirring constantly. Allow to boil for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and stir in peanut butter and vanilla. Immediately pour over popcorn and stir to coat.
- In a microwave safe bowl place chocolate chips and 1 TBSP Peanut Butter. Microwave at 50% power for 30 seconds;stir. Continue until melted to a pouring consistency.
- Pour Melted chocolate over popcorn.