I have enough peanut butter for an army…I was informed by my 10 year old. When you have 3 kids you tend to stock up on peanut butter. With all the back to school sales Peanut butter is pretty affordable right now. I was on a mission for a peanut butter recipe. However, there are not many that don’t call for chocolate. I made a comment about this in my house. The general response was..”because they are good together.” Well, I can’t argue with that. So when I found a great Peanut Butter Popcorn Recipe I thought, why not add chocolate…I mean, they are good together. ~giggle~
This is great for a movie night, slumber party, or to give as gifts during the holidays. You can always make a batch just cause you want something chocolaty! You could even add nuts. Don’t wait another minute. Run to the kitchen and make this now! You won’t regret it!
Chocolate Peanut Butter Popcorn
- 8 cups Popcorn - popped
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1 Cup Karo Syrup - light or honey
- 1 cup Peanut Butter
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 TBSP Peanut Butter
- Place popcorn in a large bowl or on a large cookie sheet....in my experience the bowl would probably be better.
- In a heavy saucepan combine sugar and karo syrup. Bring mixture to a boil stirring constantly. Allow to boil for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and stir in peanut butter and vanilla. Immediately pour over popcorn and stir to coat.
- In a microwave safe bowl place chocolate chips and 1 TBSP Peanut Butter. Microwave at 50% power for 30 seconds;stir. Continue until melted to a pouring consistency.
- Pour Melted chocolate over popcorn.