I am always looking for new and exciting recipes to share with you guys, and I love finding make your own mix recipes. They turn out not only being healthier but much easier on the wallet. This week I stumbled across a recipe for Homemade Italian Dressing Mix. It is absolutely genius because, with the food allergies in my house, I have to read every label twice to make sure there is no hidden gluten or dairy. With my own mix, I know what is in my salad dressing.
You can use this for so many things besides salads. Make this dressing for on pasta, as a marinade, or use the mix as a dry rub on meat before you grill. This mix is so versatile! I will now be adding this to my seasoning cabinet with my homemade taco seasoning and homemade onion soup mix
- 1½ teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 2 tablespoons oregano, ground or leaves
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons salt or substitute
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground basil or leaves
- ¼ teaspoon ground thyme or leaves
- ½ teaspoon dried celery leaves or flakes
- Mix all ingredients together and store in air-tight container.
- Mix 2 tbsp of this mix with ¼ cup vinegar, two tbs water, and ½ to ⅔ cup olive oil or canola oil.
- Shake before using.