No more store bought! Know what is in your food. Make your own Homemade Italian Dressing Mix for pennies! Great recipe to keep on hand.
I am always looking for new and exciting recipes to share with you guys, and I love finding DIY spice mix recipes. They turn out healthier and much easier on the wallet than those store-bought mixes. This week I am sharing a recipe for Homemade Italian Dressing Mix with you that is so good!
I think this homemade mix is an absolutely genius idea because so many people have to be careful with ingredients due to allergies and intolerances. When you create your own seasoning and spice mixes you know exactly what is inside Nothing is hidden.
You can use this Homemade Italian Dressing mix for so many things besides salads. Make this dressing for on pasta, as a marinade, or use the mix as a dry rub on meat before you grill. This mix is so versatile! I will now be adding this to my seasoning cabinet with my homemade taco seasoning and homemade onion soup mix
Homemade Italian Dressing Mix Printable Label
Homemade Italian Dressing Mix
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 2 tablespoons oregano (ground or leaves)
- 1 tablespoon parsley (dried)
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons salt (or substitute)
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon basil (dried)
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme (dried, ground)
- 1/2 teaspoon celery ( dried leaves or flakes)
- Mix all ingredients together and store in an air-tight container
Italian Salad Dressing
- Mix 2 tbsp of this mix with 1/4 cup vinegar, two tbs water, and 1/2 to 2/3 cup olive oil or canola oil.
- Shake before using.
Originally posted in Jan 2012. Updated in Jan 2019
More Homemade Seasonings
- Homemade Sazon Seasoning
- Homemade Dry Rib Rub
- Homemade Pumpkin Pie Spice
- Homemade Chai Spice
- Homemade Onion Soup Mix
Amanda is a busy mom of 3 that is constantly on the lookout for shortcuts to add more happiness to the day. She loves creating recipes, printables, DIY, and sharing family fun tips with you.