It never fails. Every time I go to the grocery store I ask my Hubby what he wants me to get. The answer: “Get me something good.” In my Hubby’s terms this means something that can be popped in the microwave or oven for a quick snack. Basically all that junk I try to avoid: Jalapeno Poppers, Pot Pies, Burritos, etc. I don’t know how he manages to eat all that stuff and not gain an ounce. I on the other hand can drink an extra glass of water and gain 5 lbs.
I love when I come up with a recipe that my Hubby loves that is fresh, healthy, and I can enjoy too! I got a bag of those Mini Sweet Peppers at the store today. My kids can eat them for a snack, so I had to sneak them in. I stuffed them with this delicious cream cheese mix and popped them into the oven. What came out was nothing short of spectacular! Then I had this handsome man ask me, “Are there anymore?” LOL I guess that means they were a hit the whole way around. These Fiesta Stuffed Mini Peppers would be a great appetizer for a party or a backyard bbq. You can even spice it up by using jalapenos instead.
- 12-18 Sweet Mini Peppers (halved and seeded)
- 8 oz package of Cream Cheese (softened)
- 8 oz shredded cheddar cheese or shredded Monterrey jack
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp fresh cilantro
- ½ tsp garlic salt
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F
- Wash and slice the peppers in half long ways. Use a spoon to scoop out the seeds.
- In another bowl mix together the cream cheese, cheddar cheese, lime, cilantro, and garlic salt.
- Spoon or pipe the filling into each of the pepper halves.
- Place in a baking dish and bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Serve warm.
If you love this recipe you will love these!
You can also follow me on pinterest!