Talk about a great appetizer recipe for football and holiday season! Time to whip up some of these simple Jalapeno Popper Pinwheels!
Everyone is getting ready for December Entertaining. At my house, the big question is, “Do we have snacks for Football this weekend?” I am always looking for ways to mix up our appetizers, and I love to use Pepperidge Farm® Puff Pastry Sheets. Keep a box in the freezer for recipes like these amazing Jalapeno Popper Pinwheels.
I have so many great recipes that use them, everything from Breakfast to Dessert. You should really try these Guava Pastries (get the recipe here) if you are looking for something sweet! OMG!
I left my Pepperidge Farm® Puff Pastry Sheets out of the freezer to thaw for about 30 -45 minutes. Once it was thawed I gently unfolded it and rolled it out just a little larger.
While I was waiting for the Pepperidge Farm® Puff Pastry Sheets to thaw I mixed up the cream cheese, Monterrey jack cheese, jalapenos, and seasoning in a medium bowl.
Once everything was ready I spread the Jalapeno cheese mix evenly over the Pepperidge Farm® Puff Pastry Sheets.
I then rolled it up long side to long side sealing the edge together with a little water. I then sliced it into one inch thick pieces.
Evenly space them on a parchment-lined baking sheet and popped them in the oven at 400 Degrees F for 12 minutes.
They came out amazingly hot and flaky, ready for any crowd.
Jalapeno Popper Pinwheels
- 1 Puff Pastry Dough - thawed
- 8 oz Cream Cheese - softened
- 1 cup Mexican cheese blend
- 1 cup jalapenos - diced / seeded or you can use jarred pickled jalapenos
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- Preheat oven to 400 Degrees F
- In a medium bowl mix together cream cheese, cheese, jalapenos, and garlic salt until well combined.
- Carefully unfold one puff pastry sheet and roll it out a little larger. Evenly spread half of the jalapeno cheese mix over the pastry sheet. Roll it up long side to long side, pressing the seam together with a little water on your fingers to seal.
- Slice into 1 inch pieces.
- Place the rolls on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake at 400 Degrees for 12 minutes or until golden brown. Repeat with the other sheet of puff pastry.
- Serve immediately
Amanda is a busy mom of 3 that is constantly on the lookout for shortcuts to add more happiness to the day. She loves creating recipes, printables, DIY, and sharing family fun tips with you.