I love making homemade christmas gifts! There is just something special about taking the time to make a gift for another that they will use and cherish. It let’s them know that you are willing to not only give them a gift but give up your time for them! That is why I love these DIY Wine Cork Key Chains! Not only are they cute, they are functional too!
Beginner Skill Level Required
Time to complete: 3-5 minutes each keychain
You will need
- Twist a screw eye into one end of a cork. Attach a split ring to the loop of the screw eye to create the keychain.
- Cut an eyepin in half using wire cutters or sharp scissors. Use the side that still contains a loop, and slide on a bead. Push the beaded eyepin into the other end of the cork.
- Add a charm by twisting open the attached jump ring, placing it through the loop in the eyepin and twisting closed.
- The screw eyes can be easily found at any hardware store for $1-2. All other materials are available at local craft stores.
- These make great gifts for wine lovers! You could pull a ribbon through the keychain end and tie it around the giftee’s favorite bottle of wine. Perfect hostess gift for holiday parties!
- This is also a fantastic bridesmaid gift. Use beads that coordinate to the wedding colors and attach a letter charm to the end for each bridesmaid’s first initial.