These are as easy as apple pie! You have to try this tasty Apple Pie Cookies Recipe a unique and spicy cookie that is perfect for Fall!
When my kids come in from a long day at school I love to have a special treat waiting for them. They love having popcorn, homemade granola bars, and if it is a super special day a homemade batch of cookies. I love this recipe because it is very simple to throw together, and they have all the amazing flavors of fall! These apple pie cookies have yummy pieces of apple and delicious cinnamon & nutmeg!
How to make apple pie cookies
Just beat together all of the ingredients in the mixer except for the apples. Save those for last. Then, just fold them into the completed cookie dough.
Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls on to a parchment lined baking sheet. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until they are golden brown.
You will end up with these heavenly chewy cookies with bites of delicious apple inside! Enjoy with a cup of coffee or a glass of milk. My favorite way might be with a small bowl of vanilla ice cream! YUM!
Gluten Free Apple pie cookies
You can easily make this recipe gluten free by substituting gluten free baking mix for the all purpose flour.
Storing the Cookies
Store these cookies in an airtight container on the counter for up to a week or you can store extra cookies in freezer bags in the freezer until ready to enjoy.
Apple Pie Cookies
- Pre-heat oven to 375º.
- Beat brown sugar, butter and egg in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Stir in flour, nutmeg, salt and baking soda. Stir in apple.
- Drop dough by rounded teaspoonfuls about 2 inches apart onto parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until light brown. Remove from cookie sheet to wire rack; cool. Store loosely covered.
- Substitute a Gluten free all purpose flour mix
- Use dairy free margarine instead of butter.