When my kids come in from a long day at school I love to have a special treat waiting for them. They love having popcorn, homemade granola bars, and if it is a super special day a homemade batch of cookies. I love this recipe because it is very simple to throw together, and they have all the amazing flavors of fall! These apple pie cookies have yummy pieces of apple and delicious cinnamon & nutmeg!
Just beat together all of the ingredients in the mixer except for the apples. Save those for last. Then, just fold them into the completed cookie dough.
Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls on to a parchment lined baking sheet. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until they are golden brown.
Apple Pie Cookies
- 1cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 medium apple, chopped (1 cup)
- Pre-heat oven to 375º.
- Beat brown sugar, butter and egg in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Stir in flour, nutmeg, salt and baking soda. Stir in apple.
- Drop dough by rounded teaspoonfuls about 2 inches apart onto parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until light brown. Remove from cookie sheet to wire rack; cool. Store loosely covered.
- Substitute a Gluten free all purpose flour mix
- Use dairy free margarine instead of butter.
Courses Cookie, Dessert