A fall dessert that shouldn’t be missed! See just how easy this Chocolate & Caramel Apple Slices Recipe is. Put them on a stick for even more fun!
Caramel apples are one of the highlights of fall. They are so delectable and great to give and receive as a gift. Unfortunately, it can be hard to bite into a big juicy apple. That is why these Chocolate & Caramel Apple Slices on a stick are a perfect treat!
All you need are some beautiful apples, chocolate chips, caramel bits, and sticks for your slices. You can also add chopped pecans or sprinkles to yours for more fun!
Slice your apples about 1/2 – 3/4 of an inch thick and insert the sticks. Have a pan lined with parchment paper ready. This gives you a place to put your apples after you dip them in the chocolate.
Once your apples are prepped melt your chocolate according to the package. I am using Enjoy Life Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips because they are dairy free. I made a few of these minus the caramel for my daughters to enjoy since they are dairy free.
Dip those apple slices right in the melted chocolate to cover then place on the parchment lined sheet to set.
Now here comes the fun part. If you choose to make the dairy-free version with just sprinkles, add them now before the chocolate sets. If you are going all out with caramel, white chocolate and pecans let your chocolate set first. I quick trip to the freezer speeds this up.
Now melt your caramel according to the package and drizzle it over top of your apple slices. Same with the white chocolate if you choose to add it (it is so good!). While the caramel and white chocolate are still sticky add your chopped pecans (Optional). Let everything set.
How is that for a fancy fall treat! These put those store-bought caramel apples to shame! These have the perfect chocolate & caramel to apple ratio!
Chocolate & Caramel Apple Slices
- Wash apples and slice them into 1/2 - 3/4 inch thick slices. Pat them dry with a towel and insert your lollipop stick. Place them on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Melt your chocolate according to the package directions.
- Dip your apple slices one at a time into the melted chocolate to coat. Allow excess to drip off and place chocolate apples back onto your parchment lined baking sheet to set. If you are only doing chocolate this would be when you would add sprinkles.
- Melt your caramel according to the package instructions. After the chocolate is set on the apples drizzle the melted caramel over the top. Do the same with white chocolate if desired.
- While you caramel and white chocolate are still sticky add chopped pecans if desired.
- Allow your pops to set up. You can pop them in the freezer to speed this up and serve.
- Enjoy within 24 hours of making. After that they may start to weep and the toppings may fall off.
MORE APPLE TREATS