With fall breezing in, these Apple Spice Doughnuts are just what the scarecrow ordered! Make this simple recipe today!
There are things that are necessary in life like air, water, and doughnuts! I mean, aren't doughnuts a food group? LOL Just joking, but doughnuts are a fun treat for breakfast or dessert from time to time. With fall breezing in, these Apple Spice Doughnuts are just what the scarecrow ordered!
Did I mention these are really simple to make? The key is having a doughnut pan. If you don't, you should! I love mine to pieces!
It is as simple as mixing up the batter, and squirting it into the pan. Now, if you don't have a bag to pipe it in with I have successfully done it with a spoon too! Only fill them about 1/2 to 2/3 of the way full because they will rise!
How gorgeous are those bad boys, and the smell is everything you dream of fall being! YUM!
Apple Spice Doughnuts
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and spray the donut pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Combine the spice cake mix, applesauce and pumpkin pie spice, mixing well.
- Open the Ziploc-type bag and scoop the mixture into the bag. Seal the bag shut and snip the end with the kitchen scissors.
- Gently squeeze the donut mixture out of the bag and into the donut wells (see photo).
- Bake 11-13 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool.
- Combine the 1/2 cup of sugar and 2 tbs of cinnamon to make the cinnamon and sugar topping.
- Once the donuts have cooled roll them in the cinnamon and sugar and serve.
- *Makes approximately 12 donuts.