This post may contain affiliate links.
Mom deserves something special for Mothers Day! She loves the artwork, and the handmade bowls out of clay, but you know she doesn’t treat herself to something special very often! Why not make her something homemade and delicious? Your baking talents will shock her. She never has to know how easy they are.
These scones are made using a Betty Crocker® SuperMoist® White Cake Mix! I got mine at Publix with this great new coupon! Save $1 on any 1 Betty Crocker® Baking Mix with the purchase of any 2 Betty Crocker® decorating items. This coupon is available through May 11, 2014. This is a great time to restock your pantry with some great Betty Crocker® Items and make mom something amazing! You can also print more great coupons at ReadyPlanSave.com
I gathered my ingredients including the Betty Crocker® SuperMoist® White Cake Mix, flour, Caramel Bits, Butter, milk, and strong coffee.
Mix the cake mix, flour, and cut in the butter.
Then create a well in the center of the flour mix and stir in the half coffee, half milk mix. Stir just until the dough forms. I used a strong coffee like this Dark Magic
Finally mix in the caramel bits!
Flour your hands and the parchment paper. Turn the dough out onto the parchment paper and gently press the dough to flatten into a circle that is 8 inches in diameter. Use a greased knife to cut it into wedges. Then, Bake for 20-25 minutes.
Once out of the oven drizzle with caramel. Cool and serve. I may have had my 13 year old watch me make these, just in case, someone wants to surprise me on Mothers Day. My kids always take the time to make me something special. Little do they know, that I just love spending time with them. That is gift enough for me.
- 1 1/4 Cups White Cake Mix
- 1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 stick - 8 TBSP cold butter, diced
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup strong coffee - cool
- 1/2 cup Caramel Baking Bits
- Caramel Sauce for drizzling
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl stir cake mix and flour. Add cold butter chunks and use a pastry cutter or fork to work the butter into the flour mixture until it is crumbly.
- Create a well in the center of the mixture and pour in the coffee and milk. Stir only until the mixture comes together. It is ok if there are still small pieces of butter. Stir in the caramel bits.
- Flour your hands and turn the dough out onto the parchment covered cookie sheet. Gently press the dough to flatten it into a 8 inch in diameter circle.
- Use a greased knife to cut it into wedges and bake for 20 - 25 minutes.
- When you remove from oven drizzle the scones with caramel sauce. Cool and serve.
One Lucky A Few Short Cuts reader will win a $50 Publix gift card to help them make Mothers Day Special.
How to Enter
Leave a comment below telling me what you love to give mom for Mothers Day.
Follow A Few Short Cuts on Pinterest. Leave a comment below telling me you did so. Feel free to pin this while you are there. 🙂
A Few Short Cuts
Giveaway ends May 6 at 11:59 pm est. This conversation is sponsored by General Mills® via Burst Media. The opinions and text are mine