Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
Muffins are like the ultimate recipe. You can make them in big batches and they are great to have on hand for breakfasts & snacks. Plus you can freeze the extra muffins for another day. I seriously love making a couple batches on the weekend to get ready for the week ahead. That is what I did last weekend with these Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins.
My son loves muffins, but he is really rebelling against anything with too much fruit in it; AKA Banana Bluberry Muffins. He has never really been a huge fruit person so my feeling aren’t too hurt. I would normally make him eat them anyway but since it is almost his birthday I caved and put chocolate chips in my muffins this week.
I love this recipe because it is so simple. I almost always have banana on hand. If I don’t have any going south, I usually have some that went south and I put in the freezer. Over Ripe bananas are so easy to freeze! There are a ton of substitutions and changes you can make to change this recipe around. I make mine gluten free and dairy free for the kids, but you could totally make them with regular flour and they would be just as awesome!
Banana Chocolate Chip MuffinsPrint Recipe
- ½ cup Butter or dairy free margarine
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup mashed bananas about 2-3 bananas
- 2 cups all purpose flour or gluten free substitute
- 1 tsp Baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a mixer, cream together butter and sugar until creamy.
- Add in the eggs, and the bananas.
- Beat until mixed well.
- In another bowl mix together flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Slowly add the flour mixture to the mixer.
- Fold in the chocolate chips by hand.
- Fill a paper lined muffin pan
- Bake for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.Gluten Free
- Use a gluten free flour mix. I used Gluten free BisquickDairy Free
- Use a dairy free margarine and dairy free chocolate chips.