This post may contain affiliate links.
Muffins are like the ultimate recipe. You can make them in big batches and they are great to have on hand for breakfasts & snacks. Plus you can freeze the extra muffins for another day. I seriously love making a couple batches on the weekend to get ready for the week ahead. That is what I did last weekend with these Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins.
My son loves muffins, but he is really rebelling against anything with too much fruit in it; AKA Banana Bluberry Muffins. He has never really been a huge fruit person so my feeling aren’t too hurt. I would normally make him eat them anyway but since it is almost his birthday I caved and put chocolate chips in my muffins this week.
I love this recipe because it is so simple. I almost always have banana on hand. If I don’t have any going south, I usually have some that went south and I put in the freezer. Over Ripe bananas are so easy to freeze! There are a ton of substitutions and changes you can make to change this recipe around. I make mine gluten free and dairy free for the kids, but you could totally make them with regular flour and they would be just as awesome!
Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
- ½ cup Butter or dairy free margarine
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup mashed bananas about 2-3 bananas
- 2 cups flour or gluten free substitute
- 1 tsp Baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a mixer, cream together butter and sugar until creamy.
- Add in the eggs, and the bananas.
- Beat until mixed well.
- In another bowl mix together flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Slowly add the flour mixture to the mixer.
- Fold in the chocolate chips by hand.
- Fill a paper lined muffin pan
- Bake for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.Gluten Free
- Use a gluten free flour mix. I used Gluten free BisquickDairy Free
- Use a dairy free margarine and dairy free chocolate chips.