Blueberries are in season and we were going to go pick some this week. The week happened and then I found them on sale at Aldi for only $1.25 a pint. Needless to say, we didn’t make it blueberry picking and hopefully, we can go tomorrow.
I love to eat blueberries just the way they are, but sometimes mama needs chocolate. And what better way to honor those yummy blueberries than to dip them in the chocolate and then roll them in crushed pecans. Yep, I went there….and it is a happy place. MMM… Frozen Chocolate & Pecan Covered Blueberries
Frozen Chocolate & Pecan Covered BlueberriesPrint Recipe
- Wash and dry blueberries thoroughly.
- Melt Chocolate chips & coconut oil in a microwave safe bowl for 1 minute at 50% power. Stir. Continue in 30 second intervals until smooth.
- Use a spoon to dip blueberries into chocolate and place them on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Sprinkle them with the crushed pecans while the chocolate is still wet.
- Freeze until set.
- Store in freezer or refrigerator until ready to enjoy.
These are great to grab and pop when my sweet tooth is calling. I don’t feel guilty and they are just the right juicy pop of sweetness. I keep them in the freezer so they are perfect for these hot summer days too.