It is grill season and we are putting our grill to use. It is hot outside and their is no point in heating up the house to cook dinner. I am either using the crockpot or the grill. My hubby is the grill master when it comes to chicken or beef, but I took care of this Grilled Watermelon Salad.
Cut your watermelon into 8 - 1 inch thick pieces.
Grill for only 1 - 2 minutes on each side just to get some grill marks. The grill really brings out the sweetness in the watermelon.
On your plate make a bed of arugula, top with grilled watermelon, sprinkle with feta, and drizzle with the balsamic dressing. Such a fresh and tasty side dish or appetizer!
- Balsamic Salad dressing
- 4 oz Feta Cheese
- 1/8 th of a Watermelon
- 1 package baby arugula lettuce
- Preheat your grill to a medium heat.
- Stand the watermelon half cut side down on a cutting board and slice away the rind, leaving a solid block of melon. Cut the watermelon into 8 pieces about 1 inch thick.
- Place watermelon on the grill for 1-2 minutes on each side or until you have nice grill lines on your watermelon.
- Place your watermelon on a bed of baby arugula lettuce. Top with Feta cheese and balsamic salad dressing.
I am Amanda. Mom to 3 wonderful kids & lots of furbabies. Plus wife to my hubby, David, for 20 years (gosh that makes me sound old). In our house we love to get outside, have family fun, and enjoy all Florida has to offer (Hey, Universal!) We do all of that with a few shortcuts.