You haven’t lived until you try this Homemade Peanut Butter Fudgesicles Recipe. It is to die for! Plus it can be made dairy free and gluten free without sacrificing quality! These are the best summer treat!
I am one of those parents who believe Summer is never quite long enough. We enjoy sleeping in, going to the beach, exploring outside, and just the general fun & laziness that comes with the long hot days. Today we celebrated Summer with these Homemade Peanut Butter Fudgesicles.
Call me crazy but I have always believed those store bought fudgesicles were as good as it gets. Y’all, if you have never made your own you are missing out on more happiness than should be allowed. These are rich, creamy, and 1 million times better than any store bought fudgesicle I have ever eaten.
I started out with simple ingredients. I actually made this dairy-free with coconut milk. In case you were wondering you could not tell that I used coconut in these at all when you tasted the finished popsicle. Oh, and before I forget….if you don’t have a popsicle mold like this, you need to get one now. This thing is worth its weight in gold. I love it.
In a sauce pan, you are going to heat the milk, peanut butter, sugar, and cornstarch. It’s going to be lumpy at first, but just keep stirring and it will look like this.
Once it is heated through and mixed well pour 1/3 of the mix into a heatproof bowl. You are going to add the chopped chocolate and cocoa powder to the rest in the sauce pan and stir it in until melted.
Now you are going to fill your popsicle mold. This recipe will only make 5 pops. So double it if you want more. 😉 I am doubling it next time. Fill your molds 1/3 of the way with the chocolate mix and pop in the freezer for a couple minutes. Remove from freezer and fill another 1/3 with the PB mix that we reserved earlier. Pop back in the freezer for a couple minutes. Last time you are going to top it off with the remaining chocolate mixture. Place the lids & sticks and freeze.
A couple notes…this stuff is thick. Um, it’s fudge 🙂 Don’t worry if it is thicker than you thought it would be.
These will look frozen after a couple hours. They will trick you. You will try to remove them and the sticks will fall right out. You will be stuck re-freezing them. Not that I would know that 😉 Trust me, freeze them overnight.
Homemade Peanut Butter Fudgesicles
- 1/2 cup Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tablespoon butter
- 2 ounces chocolate (chopped or chips)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cocoa powder
- In a large saucepan, mix the peanut butter, sugar, cornstarch, salt, and milk over medium heat until it melts together into a smooth consistency.
- Once it is smooth remove from heat and whisk in butter and vanilla extract.
- Pour 1/3 of the peanut butter mixture into a heatproof bowl and set to the side.
- Whisk the chocolate and cocoa powder into the remaining peanut butter mixture in the saucepan until melted completely and smooth.
- Fill 5 slots of your popsicle maker 1/3 of the way full of the chocolate mixture. Freeze for about 5 minutes. Fill another 1/3 of the way with the peanut butter mixture. Return to the freezer for about 5 minutes. Finally top with the last of the chocolate mixture. Insert popsicle sticks and freeze overnight.
- This recipe can be doubled for more popsicles. :)Gluten Free
- Make sure you are using a gluten free vanilla extractDairy Free
- You can substitute coconut milk and coconut oil for the milk & butter. Also use a dairy free chocolate. PS: If you use coconut milk you will not be able to taste the coconut in the final product.
I had some seriously happy kids this afternoon. What a great treat for any day of the week!
Amanda is a busy mom of 3 that is constantly on the lookout for shortcuts to add more happiness to the day. She loves creating recipes, printables, DIY, and sharing family fun tips with you.