Save time and money with these easy breakfast prep! Try this Simple Freezer Friendly Breakfast Sandwich Recipe!
Mornings can be rough and the last thing I want to do is spend a ton of time in the kitchen. A few minutes spent on a weekend can fill your freezer with breakfast sandwiches for the week or even the month to save you time and money. This simple breakfast sandwich recipes is freezer friendly and great for meal prep. Skip those pre-made sandwiches and the drive through and make your own delicious grab and go breakfast.
How to make a Breakfast Sandwich
These are so easy to make! I made these with homemade English Muffins, but you could use store-bought. Use a fork to split your English muffin. Hello, nooks & crannies.
Next step is adding the egg. These Sheet Pan Scrambled Eggs make the PERFECT addition. You can make an entire pan of eggs, cut them in egg squares, and add them to your breakfast sandwiches.
If you want to get fancy you can add in cut up veggies into your Sheet Pan Scrambled Eggs and make them omelet style.
Now you can decided if you want to add meat, or cheese, or both. I added ham and cheese to the breakfast sandwiches I was making.
I then individually wrapped each sandwich in parchment paper and placed them in a gallon freezer bag.
These can be frozen for up to 3 months. They can also be kept in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Skip the soggy sandwich. When you freeze a sandwich it can naturally form ice crystals that will make it soggy when microwaved. You can fix that by following these steps.
- Wrap your sandwich in a paper towel.
- Place it on a plate and microwave for 1 to 1 1/2 minutes on 75% power. You only want to heat your sandwich until it is warm through and the cheese is melted. (Every microwave is different, so test out the optimal time for your microwave.
- Remove from the microwave and allow it to cool for a minute or two before you enjoy.
When prepping these Freezer Friendly Breakfast Sandwiches ahead of time there are some important steps.
Label: While you think you will remember it is always helpful to label your sandwiches with the date, the contents, and even how to reheat.
Fresh: You want to use the freshest ingredients possible. This will help your sandwiches stay good longer, and give you a better result.
Microwave: Every microwave is different, so test out the optimal time for your microwave. Write it down so you don't forget.
Taking a morning to assemble and make some of these Simple Freezer Friendly Breakfast Sandwiches can save you so much time & money in the long run. You can make as many of these as your family will need for a week or even a month in advance.
By making your own sandwiches you are adding to your morning convenience and saving yourself a ton of money in the long run from running through a drive through or even those pre-made store bought sandwiches.
Freezer Friendly Breakfast Sandwiches
- zip top bag
- Open the english muffin with a fork.
- Place an egg square on the english muffin. You can double up on these if you want extra protein.(these are very easy to make with this Sheet Pan Scrambled Eggs Recipe)
- Top the egg with the meat of your choice (ham, turkey, cooked sausage patty, etc) and you can add a slice of cheese (optional)
- Wrap your sandwich in parchement paper or freezer paper. Place the sandwiches into a gallon sized zip top bag.
- Label and freeze for up to 3 months.
- Wrap the sandwich in a paper towel and microwave on 75% power for 1 minute to 1 1/2 minutes. Each microwave is different so watch your sandwich. You just want it heated through and the cheese to be melted.