Strawberry Banana Bread
If you guys could see what I went through to get this recipe to you you would die laughing! Today has been a comedy of errors!
I first decided that I would share my Strawberry Banana Bread Recipe on Friday! I thought I would get ahead and make it that way it was done. I had very good intentions, in fact, I started to make it and realized I was out of Butter Flavored Crisco. This wouldn’t be a problem for a normal baker, but for me, this was a catastrophe! Since my oldest is allergic to milk, Butter Flavored Crisco is my best baking buddy! So, I thought, not a big deal, I will go to the store tomorrow.
Tomorrow came and I knew I needed something from the store, but I forgot what it was. Once you have kids your memory is never the same. I think that Pregnancy Brain never goes away! Then, today when I went to post Tide You Over Tuesday, and I remembered! So, after getting all the ingredients out, I drug 3 kids to the store (1 sick). We bought the Crisco along with everything else that 3 kids might ever think of wanting from the store!
Then, after putting all of the groceries away (with 2 year old assistance) I finally got down to baking! So, here is the long awaited Strawberry Banana Bread! It is so moist and delicious! Plus, your house will smell great too!
Strawberry Banana Bread
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour loaf pans or line a 12 cup muffin pan with paper liners or grease with butter or a vegetable spray.
In a medium sized bowl whisk together the brown sugar, eggs, and mashed banana.
Add the melted butter to the brown sugar mixture and stir to combine. Add the Vanilla.
In another large bowl combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt.
Gently fold in the berries, making sure they are coated with flour.
This helps to prevent the berries from sinking during baking.
Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir only until the ingredients are just combined. Do not over mix the batter or you will end up with tough bread.
Place batter in loaf pan, 3 mini loaf pans, or 12 muffin cups.
Put in the oven and bake until a tester inserted in the center of a loaf comes clean about 30-35 min. If you made muffins 20 to 25 minutes.
Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
Make 1 large loaf, or 3 mini loaves, or 12 regular sized muffins.
Strawberry Banana BreadPrint Recipe
- 1/2 cup 1 stick unsalted butter, melted
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 large egg lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 large ripe bananas mashed (about 1 cup)
- 1 cup fresh strawberries cut into bite sized pieces
- 2 1/4 cups all -purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Grease and flour loaf pans or line a 12 cup muffin pan with paper liners or grease with butter or a vegetable spray.
- In a medium sized bowl whisk together the brown sugar, eggs, and mashed banana.
- Add the melted butter to the brown sugar mixture and stir to combine.
- In another large bowl combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt.
- Gently fold in the berries, making sure they are coated with flour. This helps to prevent the berries from sinking during baking
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir only until the ingredients are just
- combined. Do not over mix the batter or you will end up with tough bread
- Place batter in loaf pan, 3 mini loaf pans ,or 12 muffin cups
- Put in the oven and bake until a tester inserted in the center of a loaf comes clean about 30 - 35
- If you made muffins 20 to 25 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- Make 1 large loaf, or 3 mini loaves, or 12 regular sized muffins
Here is a great little piece of information.
I always buy a big bunch of Bananas at the store. My kids love them, but sometime we don’t eat them all before they turn too brown. Just take those Brown Bananas and throw them in a bag in the freezer. They are perfect for any banana bread recipe. Like this one.
Do you love Banana Bread???
Try my Blueberry Banana Bread too! It is so good!
I’ve added blueberries to banana bread before but never strawberries. What a fantastic idea – thanks for sharing your recipe!
I love blueberry banana bread too! This is is a winner in my book too! I love fruit!
Oh my – this recipe looks wonderful! Love banana bread, love strawberries…. I bet this is a great mix. Thanks for sharing!!
Ooo… strawberry and banana. I love it!
Thanks for going to so much trouble for all of your fans! I’m sure everyone on your end of things enjoyed it as much as I did! It does look and smell wonderful!
Oh, thanks gnee! I try to make delicious, budget friendly, family friendly food for all! I am just sharing my recipes with the world! Stick around and see what I have up next!
Thanks for the recipe. I have spent so much time looking for a recipe that doesnt have any milk products. Im making this for a friend and he is also allergic to milk. So this is great!
what a great recipe! just what i was looking for: easy and tasty! 😀
Guess I am meant to make these! I went to the store last night and bought strawberries and then was going to buy apples, but instead bought bananas!!
I got a kitchenaide mixer for Christmas and I have been waiting to be inspired by a recipe to use it! I am gonna make this tonight! Thank-you!
Made this tonight and it was a hit at my house. My second one of your recipes that have been a hit. Looking forward to trying more. I changed the flour to 1 1/4 cup of whole wheat flour and 1 cup of all purpose flour to fit in more whole grains from the 2 1/4 cups that your recipe calls for. P.S. I’m a strawberry and chocolate lover as well so please post any recipes that you have with them. Thanks so much for your newest fan!
Love these muffins! Easy and so tasty ?