I am calling this one a kitchen shortcut because I am always cooking or cleaning. The rings either come off or get gunked up. Yep...I used the word gunked. I was sitting (at the kitchen table) the other day and looked down at my hands. Besides my chipped nail polish, which I need to take off, I noticed my rings were dirty. It was time to pull out my tried and true recipe for Jewelry Cleaner!
I threw together this simple concoction that does the trick every time! Once they have soaked for a little bit, I just take and an old toothbrush to get in the nooks and crannies and voila! They are sparkly clean.
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon dish detergent
- 1 cup water
- 1 piece aluminum foil
- Use really hot water (just heat it in the microwave for a minute or 2)
- Tear off a piece of aluminum foil and cover the bottom of a bowl.
- Pour the hot water in the aluminum foil bowl, along with all of the other ingredients.
- Drop in your jewelry and let it sit for 5-10 mins.
- Use an old toothbrush to get them super shiny. Rinse and pat dry.
Give it a whirl the next time you get your rings dirty. Don’t miss these other great Kitchen Short Cuts!
I am Amanda. Mom to 3 wonderful kids & lots of furbabies. Plus wife to my hubby, David, for 20 years (gosh that makes me sound old). In our house we love to get outside, have family fun, and enjoy all Florida has to offer (Hey, Universal!) We do all of that with a few shortcuts.