Looking for a simple indoor garden idea for your succulents? Look how simple this DIY Muffin Tin Succulents Garden is to make!
Succulents are so popular right now and with spring coming it is time to freshen up the house and bring in a little bit of the outdoors. While spring cleaning is on my agenda for the coming weeks, crafting is just more fun! This adorable DIY Muffin Tin Succulents Garden is super simple to make and you can choose to use real or fake succulents. In case you don't have a green thumb, and not sure why your succulents are dying, you might want to stick with the fake ones.
I love the real succulents myself. Once you get your garden growing you can even take cuttings and regrow your succulents to make more little gardens. Succulents are so much fun. Not sure where to get them to get started. Amazon, of all places, has a great succulent starter kit with 20 plants!
DIY Muffin Tin Succulents Garden
- Metal muffin tin (check out your local dollar store or thrift stores
- Soil or faux dirt (found at Michaels)
- Crafting succulents (sold at most craft stores)
- White craft paint
1. Begin by using a dry brush technique to paint the muffin tin. To dry brush, you will dab a little white craft paint on the brush but not saturate it. You want to brush the paint quickly over the metal with the intention of distressing the tin, not creating a clean paint layer. Allow the paint to dry.
2. Fill each tin cup 1/3 of the way full using soil or the crafting dirt. This is a faux dirt that looks like brown sand. Level each cup out.
3. Take your crafting succulents, leaving the stems in place. Any type of stem the succulent has will help anchor it into the soil.
4. Arrange the succulents as you wish. Stick the stems into the soil, adding 1-2 succulents per cup. You can make them as full as you wish.
5. Repeat until all of the cups are filled.
Your muffin tin succulents garden is now ready to be displayed.
I am Amanda. Mom to 3 wonderful kids & lots of furbabies. Plus wife to my hubby, David, for 20 years (gosh that makes me sound old). In our house we love to get outside, have family fun, and enjoy all Florida has to offer (Hey, Universal!) We do all of that with a few shortcuts.