This post may contain affiliate links.
Need a filling easy dinner for those busy weeknights? Check out this Loaded Baked Potato & Chicken Casserole recipe. A Family Favorite!
Y’all, it has been way too long! I have been posting desserts, breakfast, appetizers, but it has been a month of Sunday’s since I posted a new dinner recipe. This one may have just set the bar too high! This Loaded Baked Potato & Chicken Casserole is PHENOMENAL! I seriously
could have licked my plate clean. Ha….ok, not really but man was it good!
I love how simple this is. You could really assemble it ahead of time (in one of those aluminum throw away pans if you don’t want to do dishes). Pop it in the fridge until you are ready to bake. By the way, your house will smell delicious. All 3 kids came out into the living room with their noses in the air….”What’s for dinner? It smells good!” Darn right it smells good! 🙂
I will let the recipe do the talking on this one. It is really just layered diced potatoes, chicken, cheese, onions, bacon, and some more cheese. OH and butter, because it really does make everything better.
- 4-6 russet potatoes (medium, cubed)
- 1 1/2 lbs chicken breast (cubed)
- 6 slices bacon (crumbled)
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 green onions (sliced)
- 2 tablespoons butter (sliced)
- 1/2 cup Heavy cream
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a 13x9 baking dish drizzle a little olive oil. Top with half of the diced potatoes.
- Then top the potatoes with the cubed chicken, half of the crumbled bacon, half of the onion, and 1/2 cup cheese. Top with salt and pepper.
- Start to layer again with the rest of the potatoes, bacon, onion, and 1 cup of cheese. Pour 1/2 cup Heavy Cream over the top of the casserole, and scatter the pieces of butter over the top.
- Tightly cover the dish with aluminum foil and bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.
- Remove the foil and return to the oven for another 30 minutes. Top with the rest of the cheese for the last 10 minutes of baking