This post may contain affiliate links.
Some days call for a really big cookie! When that happens you need this Simple Pizookie Recipe! Bake it in a skillet and top it with some ice cream for an out of this world dessert!
Some days you just need a cookie. And then there are those days you need a REALLY BIG cookie. That is when you make one of this Simple Pizookie Recipe.
What is a Pizookie?! It is a cookie the size of a pizza. You can really make any type of pizookie you want, but you can’t go wrong with a giant chewy chocolate chip cookie.
Pizookies originated at BJ’s Restaurant, but have taken the entire country by storm. I mean a cookie, the size of a pizza….topped with ice cream……where do I sign up!?
Now the dangerous part. The cookie dough is crazy easy to make, it can be frozen ahead of time, or can be made gluten free and dairy free too! Yep….it is versatile, and oh so good.
Pizookie Gift Idea
You could even go crazy and whip up a batch and give it as a gift with a cast iron skillet and a spatula! Throw in a cute dish towel, or little dessert plates! It would be the greatest gift ever!
What makes the Pizookie recipe even better is baking it in a cast iron skillet. If you haven’t noticed yet, I LOVE LOVE LOVE my cast iron skillet and pans. I use them every day, for everything. They last forever, cook evenly, can be popped in the oven….you can’t go wrong.
Simple Pizookie Recipe
- Preheat over to 350 degrees F. Grease 2 large 8-9 inch cast iron skillets, or pie pans and set aside.
- Cream together the butter and sugars in mixer until creamy.
- Add eggs and vanilla and mix until blended well.
- Mix in flour, baking soda, and salt until dough forms and is well mixed.
- Divide the dough in half and press 1/2 into each skillet or pan. Sprinkle 1 cup of chocolate chips evenly over the top of each.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 25 minutes each or until pies are golden and slightly firm to the touch but still soft. If the pies begin to darken too much before they are baked through, cover with foil and continue baking. Let pizzokie cool completely on a wire rack.
- Serve with a scoop of ice cream over the top.Tips
- You can use smaller pans, just reduce the bake times accordingly.
- Substitute your fav gluten free ap flour mix.
- Use dairy-free margarine & a dairy-free chocolate chip.