This tasty Overnight Breakfast Casserole Recipe is great for the holidays or a crowd. Prep the night before and just bake in the morning.
Easy breakfast recipes are always at the top of my list. I am tired and groggy in the morning and don't feel like spending a ton of time in the kitchen. Recipes like the Overnight Breakfast Casserole are perfect because you prep it the night before, pop in in the oven, and you have an amazing hearty breakfast in just minutes! This dish is amazing for holidays, brunches, or just because. Plus, it is so tasty!
How to Make Overnight Breakfast Casserole
- Gather all of your ingredients.
- In a skillet brown your sausage.
- Chop your cooked bacon and set aside.
- In a large bowl beat your eggs, milk, salt and mustard together.
- In the egg bowl mix in bread, cheese, and meats.
- Stir it all until combined.
- Place the mix in a 13x9 casserole dish. Cover it and refrigerate it overnight.
- Remove from the fridge about 30 minutes before baking and preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Bake for 40 minutes or until a knife inserted the center comes out clean.
Adjusting this recipe to make it gluten free is simple. Just switch out regular bread for gluten free bread. Also choose a breakfast sausage that is gluten free.
This recipe is so forgiving and flexible. You can switch out the bacon for more sausage or visa versa. Use a different kind of cheese. You can even throw in some diced veggies ( peppers & onions are my suggestions). Basically once you have this base recipe in your hands you can customize it to your families likes or by what you have on hand in your fridge.
The breakfast recipe is all inclusive. It is delicious with some fresh fruit or fruit salad. A bowl of yogurt is also a great addition.
If you have any leftover casserole store it in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days. You can also freeze this in an airtight container for up to 2 months. Just thaw and reheat to enjoy.
Overnight Breakfast Casserole
- 1 pound breakfast sausage (cooked and drained)
- ½ pound bacon (cooked and chopped)
- 6 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 slices white bread (cubed)
- 1 cup cheddar cheese (grated plus more for top if you like)
- Cook and drain sausage, set aside
- Cook and chop bacon, set aside
- In a large bowl, beat eggs, add the milk, salt and mustard
- Stir in the bread cubes, cheese, cooked sausage and bacon
- Pour into a 13x9 baking pan.
- Cover and place in the refrigerator for 8 hours or overnight
- Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking
- Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 40 minutes until knife inserted comes out clean
- Serve immediately
- Store leftovers in refrigerator
- Use gluten free bread
More Breakfast Recipes
I am Amanda. Mom to 3 wonderful kids & lots of furbabies. Plus wife to my hubby, David, for 20 years (gosh that makes me sound old). In our house we love to get outside, have family fun, and enjoy all Florida has to offer (Hey, Universal!) We do all of that with a few shortcuts.