I love the hot weather, but even I have my limits. It was stifling outside today. I had another recipe in mind, but part of it involved the oven, so I scrapped it for another day. I stopped at the grocery store this morning for a few items and picked up the most beautiful raspberries I had ever seen. I knew I had to use them for this weeks recipe.
Since I vowed not to turn the oven on, this weeks dessert is another cool one. It is so flavorful and refreshing that the raspberry flavor practically bursts off of your spoon. You have to try this one!
Peach Melba Pudding
- 1 3 oz box Cheesecake pudding can substitute vanilla
- 2 cups milk
- 1 8 oz tub cool whip
- 1 can of peach halves in juice
- 12 oz of Raspberries
- ¼ cup of sugar
- In a small saucepan over medium heat stir together sugar and 6oz of raspberries. Raspberries may break down. Continue to stir until a sauce forms. Cook about 4-5 minutes and allow to cool.
- In a large bowl mix together a small box of pudding and milk. Refrigerate atleast 5 minutes.
- Fold cool whip into the pudding mix and keep refridgerated until ready to serve.
- When ready to serve drain juice off of peaches. Spoon ⅓ cup pudding mix, 1 peach half and several tablespoons of raspberry sauce into serving bowl.
- Top with fresh raspberries and enjoy!