Gluten Free & Dairy Free are two things you don’t think of when you think Ice Cream Sandwich. However, I made it happen for my little people for the last week of school! These Peanut Butter Chocolate Ice Cream Sandwiches will knock your socks off!
I started with the “ice cream” part. This really isn’t ice cream at all but BANANAS! I sliced my bananas with my Good Cook Egg Slicer & Chopper. I love that it can cut up all kinds of things. I just spread my sliced bananas out on a lined pan and in the freezer they went.
While the bananas freeze I mixed up the Peanut Butter cookie dough! This is super easy. I used my Good Cook Measuring Cups for the sugar, and my Good Cook Double-Sided Flip Measuring Cups for the Peanut Butter. If you have never tried these they make all the difference in the world. You can just turn the Peanut Butter right out!
I love items that can multi-task. I dropped the cookie dough by rounded tablespoonfuls onto a parchment lined baking sheet. I then used my Good Cook Pastry Blender to make the marks on the tops of my peanut butter cookies. The cookies went in the oven to bake.
Now my cookies were out and cool, and my bananas were frozen. Time to make the filling. I placed my frozen bananas in the food processor (you can use a blender). I used my “Measure From Above” 3 Piece Liquid Measuring Cup Set to measure my milk. I love how you can read it from the top. Then I used my Good Cook Strainer, 2-1/2″ to sift the cocoa powder and powdered sugar. I didn’t want it lumpy. Then just process. Your “ice cream” should be good to go at this point, but I wanted it a little firmer. So, I popped it back in the freezer for a couple.
Then the fun job of sandwich assembly. Just put a scoop of “ice cream” between 2 cooled cookies. Eat immediately or wrap and return to the freezer.
I got a bit fancy and grated some chocolate with my good cook Fine Zester Grater. I sprinkled it on the plate and rolled the sandwiches in it a bit. 🙂
Peanut Butter Cookie
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp baking powderChocolate Ice Cream
- 3 bananas sliced
- 1/3 cup dairy free milk
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp powdered sugar
Peanut Butter Cookie
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix all the ingredients together well to form dough
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto parchment lined baking sheet. Using a fork make cross marks on the tops of the cookies.
- Bake for 10 -12 minutes or until golden brown.
- CoolChocolate Ice Cream
- Slice bananas and freeze until solid. (About 2 - 4 hours)
- Place frozen bananas, milk, cocoa, and sugar in food processor or blender and process until creamy. Return to freezer if desiredSandwiches
- Assemble the sandwiches by scooping 1/4 cup of the ice cream between 2 cookies. Serve immediately or wrap and return to freezer until ready to enjoy
I couldn’t have asked for them to turn out better!
Amanda is a busy mom of 3 that is constantly on the lookout for shortcuts to add more happiness to the day. She loves creating recipes, printables, DIY, and sharing family fun tips with you.