This post may contain affiliate links.
A decadent dessert favorite for a special occasion or just because! This Chocolate Molten Lava Cake Recipe is a chocoholics dream!
This is one of those recipes that you save for a special occasion. I don’t save it because it is hard to make. I save it because it is so decadent and rich it tastes like it should be reserved only for the specialist of days! This Chocolate Molten Lava Cake is simply divine and should be saved for the perfect occasion.
This recipe only has a few ingredients and I love to make it for date night. Valentine’s Day is an ideal day to make this special dessert too! I know that this is one of those desserts that can scare people and you typically only order it out. Don’t be scared! This recipe is much easier to make than it looks. Give it a whirl and surprise someone special with a decadent treat!
Chocolate Molten Lava Cake
- 4 ounces semisweet or bittersweet chocolate
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 2 eggs - separated
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Melt chocolate and butter together, over a double boiler (or take a pan of boiling water and place a bowl on top to melt them in together..and some might like to use a microwave).
- After they have both melted, take off the heat and add 2 tablespoons sugar, beaten egg yolks, and vanilla. Mix well.
- In a separate bowl beat egg whites and salt until soft peaks form. Add 2 tablespoons of sugar, beat about 2 minutes longer.
- Fold in the egg whites into the chocolate until just combined.
- Grease 4 ramekins (6 ounces) and place on baking sheet.
- Divide batter between the ramekins and bake for about 22-25 minutes.
- Serve Warm.