Have you ever watched the show Chopped? I love to turn on cooking shows while I am getting a few things done around the house. They give participants a basket of ingredients that they have to use in their creations. Sargento® asked me to participate in their Chopped at Home Challenge. I created these yummy Poblano Chicken Taco Cups.
My kids were flipping out that my creation needed to be something everyone wanted to eat. They love watching Chopped to and they were super excited to see what I came up with. The products that were in "my basket".
- Sargento 4 Cheese Mexican Blend
- Corn tortillas
- Poblano peppers
- Chicken thighs
I got busy in the kitchen. I chopped my boneless chicken thighs and poblano peppers. I sautéed them in a skillet with taco seasoning and a little bit of olive oil. You can even add a little bit of onion if desired.
I took a small round glass and used it as a round cookie cutter. I cut my corn tortillas into 3 inch round circles. I did this so that they fit perfectly right down into a mini muffin pan.
I sprayed the muffin pan with some cooking spray, and pressed the tortillas into each cup. I filled the little cups with my chicken, and poblano pepper mix.
I topped each cup with the Sargento 4 Cheese Mexican Blend and put them in the oven at 400 degrees F for about 10 minutes. Just enough to crisp up the tortillas and make that cheese nice and gooey. Did you know that Sargento Cheese comes in 30 versatile varieties, unique blends, and district cuts. I love it because it is always cut from blocks of 100% real, natural cheese.
The result? PERFECTION! These Poblano Chicken Taco Cups would be great for Cinco De Mayo, or an appetizer for any day of the year! They would even be fun to make for taco Tuesday! 🙂
Poblano Chicken Taco Cups
- 4 Boneless Skinless Chicken thighs diced
- 1 cup Mexican Cheese shredded
- 2 Poblano Peppers diced
- Corn Tortillas
- 1 tbsp Taco Seasoning
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ¼ cup onion diced, if desired
- Season the chicken with the taco seasoning. In a skillet sauté chicken, peppers, and onions (if desired) in the olive oil, until the chicken is cooked. About 15 minutes.
- While the chicken is cooking cut the corn tortillas with a 3 inch round cookie cutter or glass. Spray mini muffin pan with non-stick cooking spray and gently place tortillas into each opening to form little cups.
- Fill the cups with the cooked chicken and pepper mix. Top with the Sargento Cheese.
- Bake in the oven at 400 degrees F for 10 Minutes. Serve
Are you feeling creative? Submit your recipe to FoodNetwork.com/ChoppedChallenge for the chance to win $5,000 and a trip to New York City to compete in a televised Chopped cooking challenge for a $10,000 grand prize . You can get all the details here.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Sargento. The opinions and text are all mine.