This post may contain affiliate links.
Perfect for the grill this Root Beer BBQ Chicken Freezer Meal is full of flavor and can be cooked with a skillet and in the crockpot too!
Getting dinner on the table should be simple. With a little prep work, you can be ready for anything the day throws at you in minutes! This Root Beer BBQ Chicken Freezer Meal is a family favorite to throw on the grill.
I am really on a freezer meal kick lately. So I will make one for dinner tonight and one for another day. This is an excellent way to add to your freezer meal stockpile! In a gallon ziplock bag, I put 2 lbs of boneless skinless chicken breast tenders or breasts and some root beer and bbq sauce along with some salt and pepper. This recipe is perfect if you have a two liter that has gone a little flat. Just use it for this recipe!
PS: These Freezer Bag Holders are a must if you make freezer meals!
Root Beer BBQ Chicken Printable Labels
There are free printable freezer bag labels for this recipe below. They print 2 to a sheet so you can make more than 1 freezer meal at a time!
When you are ready just thaw and pop it on the grill, on the stove, or in the crockpot! It’s just that simple, and the flavor is out of this world!
If you like this freezer meal you will love this Cilantro Lime Chicken Freezer Meal too! Same concept, different flavors. Fill that freezer with easy to make dinners!
Root Beer BBQ Chicken Freezer Meal
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken
- 1 1/2 cup BBQ Sauce
- 1 Cup Root Beer
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Place all of the ingredients in a gallon Ziploc Freezer Bag and freeze until ready to cook. You can also mix the bbq and root beer in a bowl and use it as a marinade for at least 30 minutes prior to cooking.Grill
- Heat grill to medium-high heat and cook chicken until no longer pink in the center or until 165 F internal temp is reached.Skillet
- Heat 2 tbsp olive oil in a skillet and cook over medium-high heat for about 8 minutes or until 165 F internal temp is reached.Crockpot
- This can even be cooked in the crockpot for 6 hours on low