Kick your bbq up a notch with The Best Homemade Sweet BBQ Sauce Recipe. Simple to make and the perfect balance of sweetness, spice, and everything nice.
We love to grill! I say “we”, but my hubby is the grill master around here. I am in charge of spices, sauces, sides, etc. Anytime we are grilling up something that needs sauce we whip up a batch of the BEST Homemade Sweet BBQ Sauce Recipe.
This recipe takes just a couple minutes to stir together and is great right out of the gate. If you want it even better take a few minutes to put your sauce in a saucepan and let all of the flavors really marry together. INCREDIBLE!
How to make Homemade Sweet BBQ Sauce
This bbq sauce is so easy to make! Right in your saucepan mix together all of the ingredients. This sauce is made with a ketchup base which makes it simple to toss together.
You can enjoy your sauce immediately after mixing it together if you are in a hurry. I highly recommend turning your burner on low and letting this sauce simmer for about 20 minutes. It really marries the flavors and brings them together.
Use as you would as a dip, topping or in any recipe.
This recipe makes an amazing Gluten Free BBQ Sauce. Like with any gluten free recipe you want to make sure all of your ingredients are gluten free. Hidden sources of gluten could be your ketchup or worchesterhire sauce.
Storing your fresh made BBQ Sauce is simple! I like to keep mine in a mason jar in the fridge. You can also purchase plastic squirt bottles from your local home goods store.
You can keep this in the fridge for up to 1 week, possibly a little longer. Since it is homemade and does not have all the preservatives of store bought sauce it does not last as long.
It’s best if you only make as much sauce as you will use at once. Since it is so easy to make this isn’t any issue for any meal.
Need a big batch of bbq sauce? You can very easily double or triple this recipe with out any issues. This Simple BBQ Sauce turns out perfect in big batches.
Try it on These Recipes
Now that you have made the most delicious, easy bbq sauce, it is time to put it to use! Try it on these great recipes.
Ways to Use BBQ Sauce
Now that you have a delicious sauce, here are some great ways to use it! Our favorites are:
- Traditional BBQ meat: Grilled chicken, ribs, pulled pork, etc.
- Baked beans: BBQ Sauce adds great flavor to homemade baked beans!
- Pizzas: Don’t knock it till you try it. Use BBQ in place of sauce. Great for BBQ Chicken Pizza.
- Dipping sauce: BBQ is a great dipping sauce for chicken nuggets, roasted veggies, and Crockpot BBQ & Grape Jelly meatballs, plus so much more!
Homemade Sweet BBQ Sauce
- In a sauce pan combine all of the ingredients until well blended.
- Cook over low heat to marry all of the flavors together. About 20 -30 minutes. This step can be optional, but it does help to develop the sauce.
- Give your sauce a taste. You may choose to add a little more vinegar or seasonings depending on your personal taste.