For Valentines or any special day. Try these Simple Raspberry Hand Pies. Plus you can make them gluten free or dairy free.
Valentine's day is around the corner. Make your family a sweet treat that they will love, and it is much simpler than it looks! You have to try these yummy Simple Raspberry Hand Pies!
All you need is some store bought pie dough. I even made these with gluten free pie dough. You can totally make your pie dough, but I was going for super simple here.
Roll the dough out and cut it into the shape of your choice. I chose hearts for Valentines!
Place the pie dough on a greased baking sheet or a parchment covered sheet. Put a dollop of your favorite raspberry jam. Don't feel limited. You can do any jam/jelly/preserves you like.
Top with the second piece of dough and crimp the sides together with a fork to seal them shut.
Use the fork to poke the centers. Brush the tops with milk, sprinkle with a little bit of sugar and bake at 400 for 12 minutes.
You will be their hero when these little Raspberry Hand Pies come out of the oven.
Simple Raspberry Hand Pies
- 1 Package of store bought pie crust any brand
- 1 jar of raspberry jelly you could easily substitute strawberry or cherry
- ¼ C. milk
- Sugar to sprinkle on top of the mini pies
- medium heart shaped cookie cutters
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or foil.
- Unroll the pie crusts and use the medium heart cookie cutter to cut our the hearts. You will obviously want an even amount. I was able to get 8 medium size heart shapes out of 1 pie crust. Add about 1 tablespoon of raspberry jelly to each pie crust (see photo). I was afraid to overfill mine that is looking back I probably would have added a bit more filling.
- Place a top on each mini pie (see photo) and use a fork to press and seal the edges together.
- Use your fingers to rub the milk on the top of the pie crusts and then sprinkle with sugar. Use the fork to poke a few holes in the top of each pie.
- Bake approximately 10-12 minutes. I kept a close eye on mine and removed from the oven when they turn golden brown.Gluten Free
- Use a gluten free pie crust.Dairy Free
- Make sure the pie crust it dairy free and uses a dairy free milk.