Need a homemade holiday gift, or a treat for your hot chocolate? Try this easy to make Marshmallow Peppermint Cocoa Dippers Recipe
I am a sucker for the holidays! Maybe it is because it is the one time of year that is filled with kindness, giving, gratitude, and a good will toward others that no other time of year can compare to. The joy on the kids faces to see the light, ornaments, and gifts. The our joy that it brings to others. I don't know....call me sentimental, but I love all of it.
My thrill for all things holiday has kicked in early this year. Maybe I am trying to be pro-active, but I find my self buying peppermints, and getting holiday projects done left and right. Their was a little chill in the air the other night and the kids asked for some hot cocoa. Who am I to say no to a nice big mug of hot chocolate?!
You can try this Homemade Hot Cocoa mix that is amazing
We kicked it up a notch with these fun Peppermint Cocoa Dippers. They are so easy to make. You can even make them ahead and keep them in the freezer for the perfect cup of cocoa.
Peppermint Cocoa Dippers
- Unwrap the mini candy canes and stick them into the marshmallows.
- In a microwave safe bowl heat the chocolate chips and coconut oil in 30 second intervals at 50% power. Stir after each beep, until the chocolate is fully melted.
- Dip each marshmallow into the chocolate carefully allowing the excess to drip off. Sprinkle the Crushed peppermints over the chocolate, and place on a parchment lined baking sheet to set.
- I popped mine in the freezer to speed things up a bit.
- Serve with a cup of hot cocoa. Store extra Peppermint cocoa dippers in the freezer until ready to serveDairy Free
- Use a dairy free chocolate chip (like Ghirardelli semi sweet), and coconut oil or dairy free margarine.
More Holiday Treats
- Hot Cocoa Popcorn Recipe
- Midnight Chocolate Peppermint Bundt Cake Recipe
- White Chocolate Peppermint Latte Scones Recipe
Amanda is a busy mom of 3 that is constantly on the lookout for shortcuts to add more happiness to the day. She loves creating recipes, printables, DIY, and sharing family fun tips with you.