During the summer I love to make fun treats with the kids. They love spending time with me no matter what the project, and I love teaching them kitchen skills. Put those two together and we spend a lot of time around our kitchen. These Smores Krispie Treat Pops had them smiling the entire time.
We made a pan of rice krispies treats according to the package instructions. They are super simple. You an even make them in the microwave now. I cut my treats into about 3 inch by 3 inch squares. You can make them smaller, but I wanted some generous pops.
I had the kids help me put popsicle sticks in the Rice Krispie treats because food on a stick is just more fun. While they were doing that I melted some chocolate chips in the microwave until smooth. Then I started to do the treats in the chocolate. Not the entire thing. Just about 1/3 - 1/2 of it.
I laid them out on a parchment covered pan. But wait....there is more happiness.
I drizzled some more chocolate over the rest of the treats and then the kids sprinkled graham cracker crumbs over the wet chocolate before it set.
We are impatient so I just popped the entire pan in the freezer for a few minutes to get the chocolate to set.
You get the chocolate, graham cracker, and marshmallow along with the beauty of a rice krispie treat! This is good stuff people! How perfect for any summer party...or just because!
- Prepare a pan of rice Krispie treats according to the cereal box.
- Cut the finished treats into about a 3 inch by 3-inch squares.
- Insert popsicle sticks into the center of each treat.
- Melt Chocolate chips & coconut oil in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave for 1 minute at 50% power. Stir. Continue in 30-second intervals until smooth. Once smooth dip the top half of the rice Krispie treats into the chocolate allowing the excess to drip back into the bowl. Place on a parchment lined baking sheet. Continue with all the treats.
- Then drizzle the chocolate over the rest of the treat. While the chocolate is still wet top with graham cracker crumbs.
- All the chocolate to set and serve.
- Use Enjoy Life Dairy Free Chocolate Chips
I am Amanda. Mom to 3 wonderful kids & lots of furbabies. Plus wife to my hubby, David, for 20 years (gosh that makes me sound old). In our house we love to get outside, have family fun, and enjoy all Florida has to offer (Hey, Universal!) We do all of that with a few shortcuts.