During the summer I love to make fun treats with the kids. They love spending time with me no matter what the project, and I love teaching them kitchen skills. Put those two together and we spend a lot of time around our kitchen. These Smores Krispie Treat Pops had them smiling the entire time.
We made a pan of rice krispies treats according to the package instructions. They are super simple. You an even make them in the microwave now. I cut my treats into about 3 inch by 3 inch squares. You can make them smaller, but I wanted some generous pops.
I had the kids help me put popsicle sticks in the Rice Krispie treats because food on a stick is just more fun. While they were doing that I melted some chocolate chips in the microwave until smooth. Then I started to do the treats in the chocolate. Not the entire thing. Just about 1/3 – 1/2 of it.
I laid them out on a parchment covered pan. But wait….there is more happiness.
I drizzled some more chocolate over the rest of the treats and then the kids sprinkled graham cracker crumbs over the wet chocolate before it set.
We are impatient so I just popped the entire pan in the freezer for a few minutes to get the chocolate to set.
You get the chocolate, graham cracker, and marshmallow along with the beauty of a rice krispie treat! This is good stuff people! How perfect for any summer party…or just because!
- Prepare a pan of rice Krispie treats according to the cereal box.
- Cut the finished treats into about a 3 inch by 3-inch squares.
- Insert popsicle sticks into the center of each treat.
- Melt Chocolate chips & coconut oil in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave for 1 minute at 50% power. Stir. Continue in 30-second intervals until smooth. Once smooth dip the top half of the rice Krispie treats into the chocolate allowing the excess to drip back into the bowl. Place on a parchment lined baking sheet. Continue with all the treats.
- Then drizzle the chocolate over the rest of the treat. While the chocolate is still wet top with graham cracker crumbs.
- All the chocolate to set and serve.
- Use Enjoy Life Dairy Free Chocolate Chips
Amanda is a busy mom of 3 that is constantly on the lookout for shortcuts to add more happiness to the day. She loves creating recipes, printables, DIY, and sharing family fun tips with you.