A go to recipe for special breakfasts at my house is French Toast casserole. I love that it uses up leftover bread, and I always have the other staples in my house to throw this together. Well, I have taken this yummy dish and made it even better by adding a few of my favorite ingredients. International Delight Creamer, and Bacon. YUP! I am one happy girl, because this tastes even better than in looks!
Check out how easy and delicious this is!
- 1/4 cup 4 Tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 loaf of french bread sliced or cubed *
- 6 eggs (beaten)
- 1 cup Milk **
- 1 cup International Delight Cold Stone Sweet Cream Creamer
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Several slices pre-cooked bacon (optional)
- In a small bowl whisk together melted butter and brown sugar. Spread into the bottom of a 13x9 baking pan.
- Layer the sliced or cubed bread over the brown sugar mix in the pan.
- In a large bowl whisk together the eggs, milk, creamer, and cinnamon. Pour over the bread.
- Cover the baking dish and refrigerate over night or atleast 4 hours.
- Before baking top with precooked bacon. (optional)
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes.
Gather your ingredients. In a small bowl mix together 1/4 cup butter or margarine melted and 3/4 cup brown sugar. Spread it in the bottom of the baking dish before the bread goes in (not pictured)
I used a loaf of day old french bread. I cut it into slices and laid it in my baking dish. You can use any type of bread. Cube it slice it, either way it works. I have even made this gluten free with my sons gluten free bread.
I laid this out nicely because I made it for my husband’s fathers day breakfast.
Now for my twist. I used International Delights Cold Stone Sweet Cream Creamer and milk for this recipe. It adds a fabulous flavor!
Pour the egg and milk mix over the bread and let it sit over night in the fridge.
In the morning pull it out and top it with pre cooked bacon. Not crispy. It will finish crisping up in the oven.
Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes. Flip the servings over when you plate it. The brown sugar makes a syrup that is delish!
Amanda is a busy mom of 3 that is constantly on the lookout for shortcuts to add more happiness to the day. She loves creating recipes, printables, DIY, and sharing family fun tips with you.