This post may contain affiliate links.
I love Taco Tuesday at my house! It is one of the highlights of our week! I am always looking for ways to sneak in veggies and to eat a little healthier. These Zucchini Taco Shells check both of those boxes, and they taste amazing!
The ingredient list on these is short and sweet. Just the way I like it! They are simply made with zucchini, shredded cheese, egg, and seasonings. That’s it!
Wash and shred your zucchini. I love this T-Fal Grate and Slice Set and use it all of the time! It is perfect to quickly shred your zucchini.
You want to get as much moisture out of your zucchini as possible. Do this by placing it in several paper towels or cheese cloth and wringing it out. You will be surprised by how much liquid comes out.
In a medium size bowl mix all of your ingredients well.
Place large scoops (about 1/3 cup) of mixture onto a parchment lined baking sheet and flatten them out with your hand. Bake at 450 for about 10 -12 minutes.
These shells will have the consistency of a soft taco shell right out of the oven and will stiffen as they cool. I reccomend filling them immediately and serving. You can also store them in an airtight container in the fridge and just reheat them to soften.
They are perfect with some Homemade Guacamole!
Zucchini Taco Shells
Healthy tacos are a possibility with these yummy Zucchini Taco Shells. Only 3 ingredients and perfect if you are on the Whole30, 21 Day Fix, or Paleo diets.
- 2 Medium - Large Zucchini Shredded about 2 cups
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup shredded Taco Cheese
- 1/4 tsp Taco Seasoning
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F
- Grate the zucchini and place it on paper towels or cheesecloth to absorb some of the moisture. Carefullly wring out as much excess moisture as you can.
- In a medium size bowl mix together dried zucchini, egg, cheese, and seasonings
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and scoop 1/3 of the cup of mixture on to the paper. Flatten it with your hand in the shape of a tortilla. Continue with the rest of the zucchini mix.
- Bake at 450 for 10-12 minutes or until the edges are golden and the tortilla is set.
- Use as you would a regular tortilla for tacos, enchilladas, etc.