I love making things homemade. It gives me a sense of accomplishment, and it just makes me feel better about what my family is eating. We love to use Onion Soup Mix to flavor many dishes at our house…especially the closer we get to the fall. The store bought brands have Gluten, MSG, and a lot of other stuff that I can’t pronounce. So I make my own.
Not only is it simple and delicious. It makes great gifts! Put some in a mason jar with a cute label, and soup mug and a wooden spoon and you have a super cute and thoughtful gift in no time! Use this mix to make your own soup, season hamburgers, and more! It is even great to mix a couple tablespoons into a small tub of sour cream for a quick chip dip!
You can also make your own Taco Seasoning! That is another one of my favorite mixes!
- ¾ cup instant minced onion
- ⅓ cup beef bouillon powder
- 4 teaspoons onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon crushed celery seed
- ¼ teaspoon sugar
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- Combine all ingredients and store in an airtight container.
- About 5 tablespoons of mix are equal to a single 1¼-ounce package.