Never buy store-bought dressing again! Try this Homemade Ranch Dressing mix recipe. Use it for seasoning, dips, and dressing. Plus can be made dairy free!
I was blown away by the response after I posted the Italian Dressing Mix (get the recipe here) last week. You guys loved it, and I had a ton of requests for a Homemade Ranch Dressing Mix Recipe. I just so happen to have one for you guys that I use all of the time!
I love this because it is truly versatile! Not only can you make your own ranch, but you can also make your own dip with it. I whip up huge batches of this Homemade Ranch Dressing Mix in a jar in my kitchen because my daughter is allergic to milk and I refuse to pay $4-$5 for a bottle of dairy-free ranch dressing. This makes the best tasting dairy free ranch dressing and dip. This is also great for those of you that are Vegan, and can’t have dairy for that reason.
This recipe is also perfect for those times that another recipe calls for a packet of ranch dressing mix for seasoning to flavor roast, chicken, etc. Just mix some of this Ranch Dressing Mix up and you are good to go.
By the way, this makes the best and most affordable ranch dressing there is! We have yet to find anything that compares to this delicious homemade dressing! You have to try it!
Ranch Dressing Mix Printable Labels
Now that you have this great recipe below, double, triple, or quadruple it and keep it in a mason jar with your other spices. Label it with these free printable ranch dressing labels. They print 2 sets to a sheet and fit perfectly on an 8 oz mason jar. Great to label yours and give one to a friend!
- 1 teaspoon parsley (dried)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper (ground)
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dill
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme
- Mix all of these seasonings together and use as you choose below
- To make the dressing, mix this recipe with 1 cup mayonnaise and 1 cup buttermilk.
Dairy Free Dressing
- Mix this with 1 cup of mayonnaise, 1 cup of original flavored dairy-free milk and 1 tsp vinegar
- Mix this recipe with 1 3/4 cups sour cream
Dairy Free Dip
- Mix this with 8-10 oz of Dairy Free Sour Cream. Use a little dairy-free milk to thin it out if needed.
- Use in place of one packet of Ranch dressing mix in recipes.
Amanda is a busy mom of 3 that is constantly on the lookout for shortcuts to add more happiness to the day. She loves creating recipes, printables, DIY, and sharing family fun tips with you.