This recipe is simple, delicious, and will feed a crowd for breakfast or brunch! This amazing Sausage Gravy & Biscuits Casserole Recipe is a must have.
When you walk into the kitchen and get a whiff of a fresh pot of coffee and this INCREDIBLE Sausage Gravy & Biscuits Casserole you know it is going to be a good day. There are few dishes that bring the crowd running like this one. This savory sausage gravy topped with biscuits is a breakfast staple you don't want to miss out on.
How to make Sausage Gravy & Biscuits Casserole
This recipe is super simple. Just preheat the oven to 350 degrees and brown your sausage in a skillet over medium heat. Use your spoon to break it up while it browns.
Once the meat is brown use a slotted spoon and remove it from the skillet and put it in your casserole dish.
You are going to use that same skillet with the drippings and add butter, flour, salt and pepper. Stir it over medium heat until thickened. (About 1 -2 minutes).
Stir in the milk and continue to heat for another 1-2 minutes until it is thick (aka. gravy). Pour the gravy over the sausage in your casserole dish.
Now open a can of your favorite refrigerator biscuits (or you can use these Homemade Freezer Biscuits). I prefer my biscuits whole, but some like theirs cut into pieces. It is totally up to you. Lay them in a single layer over the gravy.
Pop your casserole into the oven for about 25-30 minutes or until your biscuits are golden brown. ENJOY!
This dish is a meal in itself. It really doesn't need anything else to go with it. I do enjoy a fresh fruit salad to balance it out. This Colorful Honey Lime Fruit Salad is perfect!
There shouldn't be any leftovers, but in the rare case that there is you can store them in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days. Just reheat and enjoy.
Sausage Gravy & Biscuits Casserole
- 1 lb pork breakfast sausage
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups milk
- 1 can Refrigerated Buttermilk Biscuits (8 count)
- Heat oven to 350°F and spray 13x9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish with cooking spray.
- In 12-inch nonstick skillet, cook sausage 8 to 10 minutes over medium heat stirring until browned. Use a slotted spoon, transfer sausage to baking dish.
- Add butter to drippings in skillet; melt over medium heat. Stir in flour, salt and pepper; cook 1 to 2 minutes or until thickened and beginning to brown.
- Stir in milk and heat the gravy to simmering, stirring frequently. Cook and stir 1 to 3 minutes or until thickened. Pour gravy over sausage in dish.
- Separate dough into 8 biscuits. Lay them over the sausage gravy mix. If you prefer you can cut them in pieces.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until thoroughly heated and biscuits are golden brown.
More Breakfast Casserole Recipes
I am Amanda. Mom to 3 wonderful kids & lots of furbabies. Plus wife to my hubby, David, for 20 years (gosh that makes me sound old). In our house we love to get outside, have family fun, and enjoy all Florida has to offer (Hey, Universal!) We do all of that with a few shortcuts.