Grab some fresh strawberries and make this delicious no-bake Easy Strawberry Pie Recipe. A perfect dessert!
What is your favorite fruit? I can easily say mine is strawberries. I can eat strawberries, anywhere, anytime, and haven’t found a strawberry recipe that I didn’t like. One of my absolute favorites is this Easy Strawberry Pie! Just a few minutes to prepare and a couple hours in the fridge before you can enjoy this tasty no-bake pie!
How to Make Strawberry Pie
Start off with a graham cracker crust or a pre-baked pie crust in a pie plate. Set it aside.
In a sauce pan, bring 1 cup of water, a cup of sugar, and 2 tbsp of cornstarch to a slow boil. Whisking so it does not burn. Once the mixture starts to bubble, remove from heat, and stir in a small box of strawberry gelatin. Let sit to cool.
While your gelatin mix is cooling, wash and cut the tops off of your strawberries and slice them in half. Some people like them in even smaller pieces. That is up to you.
Arrange your strawberries in your crust. You can get fancy with a pattern or just dump them in. It is delicious either way.
Slowly pour the gelatin mix/glaze over the strawberries in the crust. Carefully transfer the pie to the fridge and chill for at least 2 hours before serving. This is best fully chilled (about 4 hours).
Top with some whipped cream (try this coconut whipped cream).
Type of Crust
A lot of strawberry pie recipes call for a regular pie crust (pre-baked). I guess I just like to be different. I personally love strawberry pie in a graham cracker crust.
It makes the entire pie no-bake and adds some additional flavor to the crust. If you choose to make your own homemade crust you can also make it gluten free, dairy free, or both if needed.
Simply use a gluten free crust. Whether you choose graham cracker or regular just make sure it is gluten free. All other ingredients should not be a problem.
This pie has to be refrigerated. Because of the glaze/jello in the pie it can not be frozen. The fresh strawberries in the pie can also start to go soft quickly. It is best eaten in the first 2 days.
Easy Strawberry Pie
- 1 Graham Cracker Crust
- 2 quarts Strawberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup water
- 3 oz strawberry gelatin small box
- In a small sauce pan heat water, cornstarch, and sugar whisking until smooth and bubbly.
- Once the mixture comes to a boil, remove from heat, and stir in the gelatin. Allow to cool while you are working on the rest of the pie.
- Wash and half your strawberries. Arrange the strawberries in your graham cracker crust. You can also use a regular pie crust that has been prebaked.
- Slowly pour the gelatin mixture over the arranged strawberries in your pie crust. Pouring slowly will help the strawberries stay where you put them.
- Carefully transfer your pie to the fridge allowing it to cool for atleast 2-3 hours before serving. Best if left to cool overnight.