The holidays are creeping up. Christmas is exactly 100 days away! SERIOUSLY! As we get into the baking season, I like to make things as easy as possible. Those pre-made mixes get awful tempting, but they are pricey too! So why not make your own? They are super easy to throw together. I actually make the measuring my kids job. It is a great lesson in following directions and fractions. Then you have mixes to throw together cookies in a matter of minutes!
I love this idea even more because it works with my gluten free ingredients. Have you ever priced gluten free mixes?? $5-$8 later! They are crazy expensive. Now gluten free is affordable! Here are some of my favorite cookie mix recipes.
- 1½ Cups Flour
- ¾ Cup White Sugar
- ½ teaspoon Baking Powder
- ½ teaspoon Baking Soda
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- Mix together all of these ingredients in a ziploc bag.
- Preheat oven to 350 F, and mix bag with 1 egg, 1 stick (1/2 cup) butter or margarine (softened), and 1 tsp vanilla.
- Bake at 350 for 8-10 minutes
Homemade Chocolate Chip Cookie Mix
- 1 Cup Flour
- 1/4 Cup White Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 3/4 Cup Chocolate Chips
Mix together all of these ingredients in a ziploc bag.
Write or Type these instructions.
- Preheat oven to 350 and mix bag with 1 Stick(1/2 cup) Softened Butter, 1 Large Egg, 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract.
- Mix & Bake at 350 degrees for 9-11 minutes.
**Gluten Free** substitute gluten free flour & 1 tsp xanthum gum for flour.
**Dairy Free** Use dairy free margarine & dairy free chocolate chips (ghirardelli)