Cookies for breakfast? Yes!!! Try this Peanut Butter Banana Breakfast Cookies Recipe! They are perfect any time of day and can be made gluten free!
I walked into the kitchen earlier and saw this....
Why is it that my kids eat bananas in spurts. One week I can’t buy enough and the next they look like this. I was bound and determined to makes something with them, but not muffins.
Since my kids just got out of school for the summer, I like to throw fun surprises at them. So when I said we were making cookies for breakfast, I got squeals of delight! They thought I had gone crazy baking them cookies for breakfast, but little did they know that they are actually really healthy!
How to Make Peanut Butter Banana Breakfast cookies
These are so simple to make! In your mixer or just in a large bowl mix together the bananas, peanut butter, oil, and brown sugar until smooth.
Add in the vanilla, then the dry ingredients. Mix until the dough comes together. Use your cookie scoop to drop by rounded tablespoonfuls on a parchment lined cookie sheet.
Bake at 350 F for 10 -12 minutes or until they are golden brown.
To make these cookies gluten free use a gluten free oats and replace the flour with gluten free flour mix. It is just that simple.
This recipe is already written to be dairy and egg free. So these breakfast cookies are Vegan!
Store in an airtight container…if they last that long. These are great to make in advance and freeze for busy weeks too! They freeze wonderfully.
Peanut Butter Banana Breakfast Cookies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper .
- Mix bananas, peanut butter, canola oil and brown sugar together until relatively smooth. Add vanilla and mix until combined.
- In a separate bowl, combine oats, flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Slowly mix oat mixture into banana mixture until everything is combined.
- Place spoonfuls of dough on cookie sheet and bake for approximately 10 – 12 minutes.
Originally posted in 2012. Updated in 2020.