Do you love cinnamon muffins, scones, cookies, and more? You have to try this simple Homemade Cinnamon Baking Chips Recipe. THEY ARE AMAZING!
Do you know when you get one of those snickerdoodle or cinnamon swirl muffins and it has that little pocket of cinnamony goodness inside? That is caused by these Cinnamon Baking Chips….who knew? I certainly didn’t. I mean I guess I just took for granted that the cinnamon fairy waved her wand and made my muffin that much more special. LOL
Never in my wildest dreams did I think there was such a thing as Homemade Cinnamon Baking Chips, or that they would be this easy to make. CRAZY simple!
I literally just mixed the ingredients in a medium-sized bowl. I used my hands to make sure it was good and incorporated together.
Pat out the cinnamon-sugary mix on a parchment lined baking sheet and pop in the oven at 200 degrees for about 30 minutes. The side effect is your house will smell like a cinnamon sugar heaven. There are worse things…trust me.
After the disc cools use your hands or a knife to break it into chips. Mix them into muffins, pancakes, cookies, and so much more. We have used them in these Easy Pancake Bites and in the BEST Mini Snickerdoodle Muffins. YUM!
Try other Flavors
While these Baking Chips are the best, I encourage you to get creative with other flavors. Try using Pumpkin Pie Spice in place of the cinnamon to make some delicious fall baking chips.
Homemade Cinnamon Baking Chips
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons vegetable shortening
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 225F. Place a sheet of parchment paper on a cookie sheet and spray liberally with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a medium size bowl, combine the granulated sugar, ground cinnamon, shortening, light corn syrup and vanilla extract. Mix with fork until the mixture is uniform and crumbly. Spread on parchment lined baking sheet, flattening with your hands and shaping into a rough square about 1/4 inch or so thick. Bake until mixture is melted and somewhat bubbly, about 30 minutes.
- Cool completely, and then cut into small pieces.
- Makes approximately 2 cups
More Baking Must-Haves
Amanda is a busy mom of 3 that is constantly on the lookout for shortcuts to add more happiness to the day. She loves creating recipes, printables, DIY, and sharing family fun tips with you.