A sweet twist on a classic breakfast treat. You are going to love this fruity addition to this yummy Blueberry Cinnamon Rolls Recipe!
There are very few things that can wake me up out of a sound sleep. The smell of cinnamon rolls dancing through the house is one of them. Who can resist that warm, cinnamon, baked goodie smell? NOT ME!
It's blueberry season here in Florida and I decided to take a few of those Fresh from Florida blueberries and turn them into these decadent Blueberry Cinnamon Rolls.
I learned a long time ago that the bigger the blueberry the sweeter it usually is. These Fresh From Florida Blueberries are HUGE! They are some of the best I have ever eaten. Keep your eyes out at your local grocery store and restaurants for the Fresh From Florida logo to enjoy yummy in season produce.
Now....back to these beauties. Simple gorgeous, full of flavor, and with that zingy lemon glaze to play off those sweet blueberries. You had me with the first bite.
Blueberry Cinnamon Rolls
- ¾ cup milk
- ⅓ cup butter or margarine, softened
- 3¼ cups all purpose flour
- 2 tsp instant yeast
- ¼ cup sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup water
- 1 cup Blueberry Preserves +/-
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice or milk
- Heat the milk in a small saucepan until warm. Mix in the butter until melted. Let cool to lukewarm.
- In a large bowl combine 2¼ cup flour, yeast, sugar, and salt. Mix well.
- Stir in egg and ¼ cup of water. Mix well. Now stir in the milk mixture until dough forms.
- Stir in another cup of flour. When dough comes together flip onto a lightly floured surface and need until smooth.
- Return the dough ball to the bowl, cover with a damp towel, and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Split your dough into 2 equal pieces. Wrap ½ and put it in the fridge or the freezer for another day.
- Roll out dough into a 8x10 inch rectangle. Spread the blueberry preserves all over the dough. Sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Roll up the dough and pinch the seam to seal. Cut into 12 equal size rolls.
- Place rolls cut side up in a greased 11x13 baking dish. Cover and let rise until doubled (30 mins). While waiting preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- When done remove the rolls from the crockpot with the parchment paper. Drizzle with glaze. Serve.
- Mix the powdered sugar and 1 tbsp of lemon juice. Stir until glaze forms. You may need to add up to another tablespoon of lemon juice or milk for desired consistency. Drizzle glaze over finished rolls.Dairy Free
- Substitute almond milk, coconut milk, etc., and a dairy free margarine.